Friday, September 18, 2015

"What a fool I was"


"Why I’ve finally given up on the left"
Left-wing thought has shifted towards movements it would once have denounced as racist, imperialist and fascistic. It is insupportable...
In the years since What’s Left was published, I have argued that the likes of Corbyn do not represent the true left; that there are other worthier traditions opposed to oppression whether the oppressors are pro-western or anti-western. I can’t be bothered any more. Cries of ‘I’m the real left!’, ‘No I’m the real left!’ are always silly. And in any case, there is no doubt which ‘real left’ has won.
The half-educated fanatics are in control now. I do not see how in conscience I can stay with their movement or vote for their party. I am not going to pretend the next time I meet Owen Jones or those Labour politicians who serve in Corbyn’s shadow cabinet that we are still members of the same happy family. There are differences that cannot and should not be smoothed over.

1 comment:

bagoh20 said...

Hey, this kool aid taste bad.

The left has turned into one giant Jonestown.