Monday, September 21, 2015

"What is the Medieval equivalent to your modern job?"

Top voted Reddit Comments...
I'd be in Medieval tech support.
"I have a problem... Every time I step outside, my feet get wet."
"Hmm... Have you tried rebooting?"
I don't think there is a medieval equivalent of web development... book binding, maybe?
I'm doing a PhD in Planetary Physics, so I'd probably be an astrologer. Oh ffs.
"Hello, blacksmith support... Yes, I see... Have you tried reshoeing it?... OK... OK, double-click on the horse and tell me how many legs it's got... Yeah, that type does tend to fall over. We're working on a fix. In the meantime, please use a peasant."
Being a mum/housewife? No real change there, except then I'd have no human rights.

8 comments:

Leland said...

Not quite as old as other professions, but engineering of various sorts existed in medieval times. It was fascinating to see some of the design concepts in the Tower of London.

bagoh20 said...

Depending on the day, either a blacksmith or Charlemagne.

Amartel said...

Lawyer. (Cockroaches are eternal.)

Meade said...

Rat Catcher.

Dad Bones said...

Paperhanger
"Mr Bones? This is the queen. That stuff you put on the castle bedroom wall made out of old scrolls with pictures on it is coming loose. I don't want you to lose your head over this so you better get right over and fix it."

edutcher said...

Counting up the King's geld. Scrivener.

"Being a mum/housewife? No real change there, except then I'd have no human rights."

Nobody had them back then.

William said...

I started out as a Viking raider, but, in retrospect, I can see that I was a galley slave. Those long boats were an elaborate con job.

Mitch H. said...

Copyist or scribe, but would I be doing it? Hell no, if I wasn't dead of some childhood disease or influenza, I'd be shoveling shit like the vast majority of my peasant ancestors.