Saturday, September 5, 2015

Wandering Star



The song is sampled in a television advertisement presently for Amazon wherein a little white dog with blue leg cast has trouble walking on the path and the man buys a baby sling on Amazon so the dog doesn't have to walk. 

[note to self:  alert animal protection they made this little dog suffer just for emotional appeal]

When the dog looks sad he's pleading, "Why are you doing this to me?" 

And when the dog is in the sling it's conveying, "Eh, better but I'd rather you take off the blue thing." 

Just kidding. It's a cute ad.  I like the sample a lot.

What an odd way to find music. 

They're getting the words wrong again. I'm hearing clearly in a very low voice like an elephant singing, "I was born under the wild blue sky." 

Nobody hears this correctly, Search produces no results, but it tries to correct to "wide" blue sky and that's disappointing wide isn't dramatic as wild, and none of the results match. This song, Wandering Star matches.

Joking again. I know that I heard it wrong.

Still, Paint Your Wagon seemed like a goofy movie. I did not understand it. I did not understand the fuss. And that tends to make me not like the song, but only tends, and not enough to stop it from being added.  I wouldn't mind having this and hearing it randomly once in a while. A song you can sing to because the singer isn't that great to begin with.


2 comments:

edutcher said...

Still, Paint Your Wagon seemed like a goofy movie. I did not understand it

It was a Broadway musical, with the day's "new" Western stars and a blacklistee, done in the "new" style.

And I don't think anybody else did.

Dad Bones said...

I belong to a lodge, The Sons of Lee Marvin. To the best of my knowledge we've never had a meeting and I don't know any of the other members but we're out there.