Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Alexa, press my Tide Dash Button

imgur















"[Amazon] Prime shoppers who know exactly which products they buy regularly should check out Amazon’s Dash Buttons. For $4.99, you get a Wi-Fi-enabled gizmo that places orders for you. For example, you can buy the Tide Dash Button and attach it to your washing machine. When you’re running low on laundry pods, just push the button, and your order is placed on Amazon.

You get a $4.99 statement credit for each Dash Button the first time you press it, essentially making the button free. Dash Buttons are available for household items, health and personal care products, pet supplies, groceries, and kids’ and baby needs."

8 comments:

edutcher said...

The Blonde got Google Home about a year ago and every now and again, it starts giving you ads for stuff just because of what you're talking about at that moment.

It's useful for the weather and timers, but I'll get my own stuff.

The Dude said...

Tide pods - they are what's for dinner.

Amartel said...

All these shortcuts are making us stupid and weak.
Now I must go down to the creek to do the warshing then I'm off to kill some food.
But seriously, just keep the inventory of what you need in your head, in the place where you used to keep navigational information before the GPS took that over.
This is getting very silly.
And, also, I'm getting old.

deborah said...

Ed, my sis says something similar, but I don't think she was tying it to Alexa...her phone maybe.

What wine goes with Tide Pods? I'm old-fashioned, I'll stick with the liquid.

deborah said...

Am, I don't even know how the wi-fi button would work. Is it for people with smartphone, or is it enough that your wi-fi and computer are on? I'm pretty sure they're for people who don't want Alexa listening in.

It's just as easy for me to push the dash button on my computer screen.

Don't get me started on passwords, good grief.

edutcher said...

deborah said...

What wine goes with Tide Pods? I'm old-fashioned, I'll stick with the liquid.

Cabernet? Love it.

I always liked the powder, but that or the liquid, you see how much is going in.

AllenS said...

I have to agree with the cartoon.

deborah said...

Me too :)