Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Sinuhe before the king

This is the second part of the twenty-third episode of 25 episodes in the Story of Sinuhe. So this particular fun is about to end. Sinuhe became old and began to have dreams of returning to Egypt, but he must face the music of abandoning the Pharaoh right at the moment of transition when he was needed. The king welcomes him back but gives him a lecture similar to the type we endured for eight years.

His wife must have died because she is not mentioned. He leaves everything to his kids.

I made this just for you.

I made it run fast.

And it was a total itchbay to make.

Because Photoshop keeps acting up in immensely unhelpful ways. And now it protests handling large files. Seems this happens after every Mac upgrade. The thing no longer behaves as it did. It's ultra sensitive to things I don't care about. It won't save the file in .gif form, even though it's under the maximum 500 frames, so I cannot adjust the width to show better here. It's saved in video form. It's like a video from phone held at profile instead of landscape. If you care to view it best go full screen.

You might notice strange things, like sometimes a w is a chick and sometimes a swirl scribble. There are multiple ways of making letters, sounds, actually. There are four different H sounds and three different T sounds multiple D sounds, and S and Z sounds, and different ways to draw N. Some signs make the same sounds with different meanings. Others make no sound at all. They clarify what the previous sounds mean, and there is redundancy all over the place, bookending words, along with conscious omissions of crucial elements.

Also, sometimes I make up stuff. Why not? Some signs nobody knows what they mean, so I might as well do it myself. I know Egyptians probably didn't have headphones but I don't care, that's what the sign looks like, and they'd be awfully hip if they did have them. And I know they had no use for icepicks but that's what the thing looks like.

Have a look. It's kind'a fun.


1 comment:

deborah said...

Very nice. So clear. I slowed down the speed.