Friday, July 20, 2018

watermelon

The watermelons are particularly good this year.

That's what a friend said and I agreed. I bought one and it was bright dark red throughout and with very few seeds. I cut it like a pineapple so all the rind was removed leaving a large American football shape, a deep red oval form dripping all over the table.


It was brought home for the base of a fruit salad, and although the fruit salad is massive, sufficient to feed the Swedish army while trekking across the Sahara, and although I picked out a small one, it was still too much watermelon, the proportion was off with all the rest of the fruit. And berries. An entire pineapple, an entire large tray of strawberries (cheap as can be right now), mango, papaya, peaches, and kiwi fruit. 


So I processed the watermelon with an emersion blender and made ice cubes. 

Thing learned: watermelon ice cubes go great with Coca-Cola. 


Watermelons are the best fruit ever. Right there is proof there is God and he loves us. Why else would there even be such a thing? It's an example of the art of creation, God the artist, BLAM! "I love you guys." Ta-daaaah: Watermelon.