Sunday, August 6, 2017

Brit to switch gender for the third time

Via Drudge:  Ria – who was born Brad – became ­Britain’s youngest sex-swap patient at 15. Doctors controversially backed her belief she was a girl in a boy’s body.

She was given blockers to stop her going through puberty, followed by injections of female hormones to impede face and chest hair and trigger the formation of breasts.

But with her life spiralling out of control as she struggled with her new identity – and the fears of never being accepted as a woman – Ria decided to transition back and live her life instead as a gay man.

Before having crucial surgery, she ended her treatment and became Brad again soon after her 18th birthday.

It turned her into the unwitting poster boy for those who claimed teenagers were too young to be given gender reassignment.

But five years on Ria is more certain than ever that is not the real her – and is making her second attempt at becoming a woman to have the future she always dreamed of.

She said: “I’ve always known I was female – it was everyone else who was confused, not me. I was wearing make-up and heels at the age of 12, there was no question.

“But I felt under so much pressure from society that six years later I caved in. I was torn. I knew exactly who I was, but I also wanted to conform and be ‘normal’.

(Link to more)

6 comments:

AllenS said...

Make up your mind already!

ampersand said...

Spare the rod or spoil the child or whack the rod and humor it?

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Third time is the charm.

His insurance rate must be thru the roof.

The Dude said...

This won't end well.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I wonder how much money he has cost the NHS for these flights of fancy?

Guildofcannonballs said...

Is it really any different from smoking though?

Really?

REALLY???

(I can keep typing "really" until you concur)

Real heal heal illy?