Thursday, August 24, 2017

What is a random thing that gives you severe anxiety?

Reddit top voted comments...

Calling in sick for work

Driving down a two lane highway at night, I assume every car I pass is gonna end my life

Those stupid first day of school/first day of work things where you say your name and tell a few things about yourself.

Getting a haircut.

When someone interrupts me when I first start talking and everyone else just picks up on what they said and the whole conversation just moves on.

Knocks on the door when I'm not expecting anyone. Drives me insane and scares me for no reason.

When I'm getting change at the register and I'm trying to put the money back into my wallet.

My alarm tone. Doesn't matter if I'm using it just to time the oven when I'm cooking something, still gives me anxiety when I hear it.

6 comments:

edutcher said...

Some nitwit in an SUV who swings out so wide from the turn you have no idea where he's going to end up.

Methadras said...

Seeing people that I work with in a room talking to each other. I always think they are talking about me.

Donny Genaro said...

Seeing the soles come loose on a favorite pair of old shoes. This usually means two or three repair sessions with silicone and super glue and maybe a shot of WD40 to help waterproof them until I accept that they're done for. If I could retrieve the memories of all the time I spent in a pair of shoes....

I used to dream about my grandfather's last pair of shoes, an ankle high black leather pair that the lovable and kindly old Tennessee gentleman was buried in.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

When Meade shows up and wrecks a thread?

ndspinelli said...

Getting shot at. Twice. Caused PTSD.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

My phone ringing and my wake up song.