Tuesday, August 22, 2017

"'You will never be forgotten' headstone left behind at airport"

Via RedditDespite the epitaph "you will always be remembered, never forgotten", the owner of the headstone seemingly forgot all about their dearly departed and misplaced the memorial at the drop-off point to the departures area at Terminal One a few years ago, according to DAA spokeswoman Audrey O'Hagan.

A toilet seat and cistern were also found abandoned at the departures entrance in the airport.

A life-size mannequin, human ashes, false teeth and a glass eye were also items consigned to the airport's lost and found section, where they can be reclaimed within a year.

A large of number of abandoned crutches and wheelchairs have also wound up in the lost and found, leading airport staff to wonder whether "some miraculous recoveries have taken place within the terminals", according to Ms O'Hagan.

(Link to more)

3 comments:

Rabel said...

About 5 years ago I flew into Orlando, traveling light with only a backpack. I exited the terminal and walked to the far end of the pick up area and set down my back pack while I waited for the wife to show up in the car to get me.

Excited to be reunited I got in the car and - left the back pack sitting on the sidewalk.

I quickly realized my mistake and we turned around before we had left the airport grounds and drove back to the pick up area. The back pack was where I had left it. It was now accompanied by 4 cops and a dog.

As I stepped out of the car they tazed me, threw me on the ground and initiated a full body cavity search. No, not really, they were surprisingly nice about it and said it happened a lot, but the German Shepherd was definitely giving me the furry eyeball.

I recall feeling especially stupid at the time.

ampersand said...

He was not forgotten by the Cook County democrat party who promptly added him to the voter rolls.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

LOL. ampersand.