Thursday, August 17, 2017

what is the loudest thing you've managed to sleep through?

Reddit top voted comments....

A black bear violently shaking the RV I was sleeping in at 3am. It was very vocal and determined to somehow get into my RV. As this information was relayed to me by my significant other.

Not myself, but a friend of mine slept through a bombing alarm in a warzone.

Fell asleep during a NASCAR race once. My dad used to make us leave at like 4AM to go NASCAR races in NH and, not only was Loudon the most boring track on the circuit, I'd be tired as shit by 3PM.

My mom won tickets to go see New Kids on the Block back in their heyday, I was probably about 8-9. I had no real interest in them and got bored about halfway through, so I fell asleep amid 15,000 screaming girls and some loud pop music.

ThatDeafDude - Due to my username, almost everything. I don't know WHAT I've slept through, though.

10 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I have never been a deep sleeper. Any noise will awaken me. Maybe I was a gunslinger in a prior life?

Trooper York said...

I was in the second row center for the play "Stomp" which is basicly twenty guys banging on garbage cans. We were in Vegas for Magic and had been at the bar. We slept through the whole thing.

The Dude said...

I don't know - I slept through it.

AllenS said...

Nothing. If I had, I'd be dead.

ndspinelli said...

Allen, My uncles who served in WW2 and Korea have told me what you said and that carried over to the rest of their lives.

Leland said...

I used to watch NASCAR to support my Sunday afternoon naps. Nothing like droning engines for lulling you to sleep. I'm not sure what would be the loudest I slept through, but I suspect things that would wake most people wouldn't even be in my top ten. Loud engines, concerts, air shows, hurricanes are all on my list. If I have nothing else to do but listen to it; I can sleep through it.

On the flipside; I haven't used an alarm clock since I was 18, and can wake up on demand, even if I needed to be up at 2am (Any earlier, and I'll likely skip sleeping). I do use a light now, but only because I realized some of the ability was based on anticipation, which caused me to get less sleep than I probably needed and could get otherwise. The light doesn't so much wake me as it being off tells me instantly I can go back to sleep.

ndspinelli said...

Leland, I'm the same way. I have an internal clock and can wake up within 10-15 minutes of any time I say to myself before going to sleep. A lot of times w/ surveillance I would have to get up @ all hours. When it's like 2-4a, I would not sleep well, but I would get up on time.

john said...

Incoming mortars, so I was told. More than once. I should be dead.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Meade: Ann's snoring after a bender?

Methadras said...

leftist bleating