Saturday, December 7, 2013

James Clapper


James Sensenbrenner wants James Clapper prosecuted for lying to Congress.

As if.

That is quite a charge, and I'm seeing a number of articles on this, all note the seeming irony of Sensenbrenner having written the law he claims Clapper is abusing where the real complaint is the abuse that is built into the law that Sensenbrenner wrote. The cynicism that characterizes comments to articles where allowed is so thick it can be cut into chunks and used to build a fortress. Nobody is having it in any comment section anywhere liberal or conservative, they say, both are culpable, both should be imprisoned, no trust, no confidence anywhere to be seen.

The whole thing was wearisome. It wears me out. A tender person like myself.

In these articles, Sensenbrenner is called the author or architect of the Patriot Act and he did introduce the bill to the House but he did not actually write it, perhaps he can be blamed for it.

Turns out there are a lot of things about Sensenbrenner worth noting too, the kind of biography that I object reading anymore. There is something about a life-long public servant that grates. It is unAmerican. Sensenbrenner behavior gives us the phrase,  “Oh my God, he literally took his gavel and went home; we are officially being governed by children.”

Why so downy-face all the time?

At twenty years of age, a person told me that at twenty one has the face one is born with but at fifty years of age one has the face one deserves. So when my face was bashed in I thought, there goes that theory, I did not deserve that, or does this prove the theory?

Sensenbrenner has a downy-frowny-face but his is more elastic than James Clapper's.

I looked at [James Clapper] and he is 100% downy-face and I do believe he deserves it. He cannot make his mouth go up if he tried. It would take scaffolding. Both hands pulling up the corners of his mouth would not drag up his jowls into a smile. A smile is impossible, the frown permanent. Therefore I must help. There.


4 comments:

The Dude said...

Good one - but how does one make such an expression? Politicians need Botox to prevent such occurrences.

AllenS said...

If Nancy Pelosi tried that, her face would crack.

edutcher said...

Didn't Ollie North have to resign or something for the same offense?

Titus said...

How about Sensenbrenner's face?

try that one.