1.The place should be clean and quiet.
2. Its temperature should be comfortable during all seasons.
3. It should be well ventilated.
4. The place should be neither too dark nor too light.
5. It should not offer any any view that might be distracting.
7. Beginners in meditation should avoid association with either well-known or argumentative people.
8. Beginners should avoid those who are competitive.
9. Beginners should avoid all places and situations such as fire , flood, and the haunts of criminals.
10. Beginners should not meditate by the sea or in the vicinity of popular resorts.
-Buddhism and Zen, Nyogen Senzaki, Ruth Strout McCandless
Please add any suggestions you think may be appropriate.