Friday, September 13, 2019

Jacques Pépin Chicken Jardinière Recipe

Step one: practice lisping your sibilant sounds.

Step two: Change the knob on your casserole dish from a cow to a rooster.







It's the same old thing all over again. Fry some pork fat then fry some kind of protein in the rendered fat to brown it. Then add wine to deglaze. Then add vegetables and simmer and look at you. You're being French.


This is a Sur Le Table video. They sell those Staub pots.

So does Amazon. For $175.00 less.

But you have to buy the knobs separately to be classy as Jacques.

4 comments:

ndspinelli said...

I love Jacque. He's French but down to earth. Was head chef for Howard Johnson restaurants. Learned that in a good book, Ten Restaurants That Changed America.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

I love this man. I love his French accent. I love what he creates in the kitchen. mmmm doesn't that smell good?

ricpic said...

Wow, I can't believe Jacques is still alive. He was old when I was young.

chickelit said...

That recipe gave me a lardon.