Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Tornado in Phoenix

I saw this in Spanish. I didn't hear the word "tornado" nor any video of the funnel, just a lot of water and high wind. And all that water is unusual.

The shapely newsreader has hips out to there (← ∙ ∙ ∙ ∙ →) !




This was of interest to me. The sight of Camelback mountain puts me in mind of Joe. Although there are several other friends living there now too. 

They all collected last weekend for a memorial. From all around, Colorado, California, and other places. I was invited too but I didn't go. 

When alive Joe kept asking me to go down there and visit and see his place. Bugged the living piss out of me, constantly, actually. Apparently it is a very nice place on Jackrabbit Drive. Well worth seeing and just chilling out. I mean baking. On "high."  I've seen a lot of pictures but I never had an inclination to fly there just for a visit. And even though dozens of people here in Denver have done that several times over. It was a regular thing with them.

At the drop of a hat. 

Now they were all down there again, all together this time, having a party in Joe's house but with Joe there in spirit, not there in body. 

So a party that's somber and sad.

And out of the whole group, some dozen or so from Denver, and several people much closer to Joe than I was, only one other friend in Phoenix and myself are heirs in Joe's will. 

Is that awesome or what?

La la la. Stick it, Everybody Else. I meant to say just now, maybe you had better been more giving and less taking. More charming and less challenging. More delightful and less of a drag. More surprising and less predictable. 

Had I gone down there one other person and myself would share this top secret bit of crucial information. Oops. 

I blew it again. Oh well. F 'em. 

It would have been weird to go traipsing down there after Joe died when having demurred for over a decade. I'm certain I missed a great memorial. But so what. They'll tell me about it. I expect the usual thing with a heavy dose of extra sadness. Because now that whole thing is gone. And everyone must notice how much older they are now than they were then back at the beginning. We all have a reminder of our own mortality. All of us all at once. What a bummer. Picked off one-by-one until no one is left standing.

Oh, cruel world. 

Can we even face it?

And now there's a rare tornado blown through the whole place. Like punctuation. 

Or like a giant eraser clearing the blackboard. 

Now wait, no wait. I got this. I totally got this: like a great wind and irreverent power-wash clearing the whole slate, knocking everything over, trashing everyone's gardens and orchards, for a whole new set of stories. That do not include you. 

Boy, that was a close one.

1 comment:

edutcher said...

One thing we owe our visitors from South of the Border (Down Mexico Way) is an appreciation of the fact a woman can be well-endowed below the waist as much as above it.