Monday, September 16, 2019

KLEM FM


My ticket stub is undated, but a little sleuthing and the Sunday clue let me date that concert as February 14, 1982. Valentine's Day. Another clue is the price: $9! That's a bit more than I was used to paying in the 70's. By then, rock stars had real drug habits to support.

I'll never forget my date that night. She got wasted and spent a good deal of the concert puking her guts out in the ladies room. Then I sat with her on the steps in the hallway ringing the Coliseum, getting her back to normal. I missed most of that show, though I was there in spirit.

RIP, Ric. Here's my favorite song/s:


I always liked the way that the two songs melded together on vinyl.

5 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

Autocorrect changed undated to updated.

72 seems kind of young to die now that I'm 65.

I just now called a housekeeping service. I cannot keep up with myself around here. The place is a f'k'n mess and I'm sick of it.

I keep dragging shit out and cannot put it all way.

I keep doing the dishes and they keep getting messed up all over again.

I keep wiping the floors and they get cruddy again. It's endless, I tell you. Endless.

I dusted a couple of times and it keeps coming back.

I need help.

I thought I could do it all myself, but I just can't.

ndspinelli said...

chick, At least you didn't have to hold her hair and hear/smell it.

ndspinelli said...

Wine? Beer? Brandy?

ricpic said...

"I just now called a housekeeping service."

Good move. Money so well spent. You'll feel a thousand times better when the endlessness ends.

chickelit said...

ndspinelli said...Wine? Beer? Brandy?

Probably schnapps or cheap wine. Definitely not beer. People didn't smuggle beer into shows then.