Saturday, September 28, 2019

Scallions

Emmy mentioned she cuts her scallions on the day that she buys them and uses the pieces as needed and that sounded like a great idea to me. I'm surprised people don't use the bottoms because I've always considered them part of it. And I don't like throwing them away.

I also saw people plant them and thereafter snip off the the tops as needed. And that seems like a great idea too.

I did not know they would grow so fast. These were all cut evenly two days ago. They all grew about a quarter inch the first day. This is from just being watered. They haven't been planted yet and all the nutritional energy is from the bulbs.


I'll put them in a pot of soil enhanced with same things as the pots outside and without any chemical fertilizer. And I'll continue to buy them and do the same thing until the pot is filled with them at various stages. 




No comments: