Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Cowboy cut jeans

What does cowboy cut mean?

What makes them different? Because photos of them all look the same.

I have a pair of these and they're my favorite jeans, but in a previous waist size. So they sit there folded unused until homeostasis weight is restored.

As if.

If I get one guess, then I'd guess cowboy cut means the legs fit over cowboy boots.

     "Is that your final answer?"

Yes. Final answer.

Heddels.com/dictionary/cowboy-cut/

Cowboy cut is a style of jean made by Wrangler.

Designed and tested by real cowboys, root'n toot'n rustle'n rodeo dudes.

The jeans feature
     * high back pockets
     * tapered leg from knee to to bottom to fit over boots
     * wide space between front belt loops so big fat honking extravagant belt buckles can fit
     * smooth round rivets
     * extra room in the seat and thigh for big butts and to make riding more comfortable

Why high pockets? To hold more while on horseback.



That reminds me of a line in Ancient Evenings.

Our hero is hooking up with the queen. She greets him romantically, "You smell like a horse."

Indeed, I did smell like a horse. I had just ridden across a long field from the priest's stables.

So if you wear Wrangler cowboy cut jeans, for authenticity, you should smell like a horse.





2 comments:

Anne in Rockwall, TX said...

My favorite aroma is on my hand after I pet a horse. Yep, the smell of horses gets many women's libido going.

ricpic said...

Says tapered leg. Wouldn't leg have to be slightly flared to fit over boot?