Sunday, September 9, 2018

The National Felons League is back at it and I don't give two shits.


The National Felon League is back and I don't give two shits. Ratings are in the tank, down big from last season. The League can't get it together on the National Anthem controversy. My team the Giants are one of the worst offenders. They have a couple of morons who protested all season. They didn't do jack. But then the Giants always tolerated criminals and lowlifes like LT and the shit head who shot himself at the club. So I shouldn't be surprised.

I am really happy that I don't have tickets or have to go to the game. Today is a rainy miserable day. I would have to take the train to the City and then get on a bus. Sit in the rain and be miserable. Not for me anymore. The abdication of responsibility by the team has freed me from fandom. To be a fan is to be a fanatic. You put up with a big ration of shit to root for your team. The Giants used to have a devoted fan base where you couldn't get season tickets. There was a waiting list 50,000 strong. People handed down their tickets from father to son. I only got mine because the real owner didn't want his son to use his ticket because after he graduated from college he had to kick in for it and he refused. So for ten years he sold the single seat to me. It was a great seat on the Aisle. But that guy gave up his tickets when they ripped everyone off with the new stadium. They wanted to charge him thirty grand for a seat license plus the cost of the tickets. So he gave them up after they had been in his family from Yankee Stadium through the Yale Bowl all the way to the Meadowlands. Like thousand of other real fans they screwed and abandoned him for the money.

Instead of watching football I read, wrote a little and cooked a very nice stew for this cold and nasty day. The first cold weather food of the season. I don't miss the game. I didn't watch a play last season. I won't watch one this season. This is the last post I will do for the year about football. Well unless Jerry Kramer sends me another chapter of the unedited "Instant Replay." Otherwise I don't give two shits.

7 comments:

chickelit said...

NFL Sundays are gone with the wind. They just don't know it yet.

windbag said...

24 days until the NHL kicks off. I read somewhere that only two asshats took a knee. I haven't followed football closely in years, and will never watch the NFL again. I watched a little college football yesterday and it occurred to me that I really don't enjoy it anymore, so no big loss. I'll never watch ESPN again. I skip over those channels, which is too bad because sometimes there's a baseball game on that I'd be inclined to watch. Baseball has had its ups and downs, but it remains immensely watchable (to me anyway).

Go Bruins.

rcocean said...

I'm with you. Goodbye NFL.

If I need a football fix, I watch College or even go and watch HS Football on Friday.
The NFL owners could have quashed this Flag Kneeling crap at the start. They didn't, because they either favor it or don't care. They also rehired Lefty Goodell and gave him a raise, because ???.

"Show me the money" is their motto. IMO, they're looking to take the game international and like most Multinationals don't really give a shit about the USA.

And who can forget the Eagles refusing a White House visit because of ??? - I don't know, because they loved Hillary?

Baseball is still good. But now, Tennis has gone South.

edutcher said...

Gateway is doing what they did last year - showing how many empty seats on game day around the league. Between that and the drop in ratings, only a matter of time

ndspinelli said...

windbag, Didn't know you were an NHL fan. Sportswriters say hockey players are the most down to earth athletes to cover.

windbag said...

Guys like this validate that sentiment.

I'm Full of Soup said...

I still watch it and bet on it and play a Fan Duel pool once a week. I don't like what some of the players have done. The stupidity of the protests has exposed how dumb the average protester is IMO.

But I won't stop watching it - I enjoy the games and the betting and also because I try not to be a hateful ass like some who doth protest too damn much.