Monday, September 17, 2018

Celebrity Snackdown: Corn Fritters

Gordon Ramsay vs Ree Drummond.



Corn is an American thing. There will be no British interlopers. Go back to your little island.

I know them as corn pancakes and I recall my mother making them only once. But she had to have made them more than that.

That amazing day I could not get enough of them. I stuffed them into my corn fritter hole by the fistful.  Here is truly a brilliant culinary masterstroke. I thought back then at age five. Make some more! Make some more!

All that I know of them is it involved a tin of creamed corn. 

I made them twice by grabbing likely ingredients. I think I took a tin of regular corn and processed half of it. 

The corn that I bought this is year is amazingly sweet. 

3 comments:

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

I texted Ree once. and she texted me back! LOL.

I forgot why? I vaguely remember a technical glitch that needed attention. On her web-site? I cannot recall.... This was back before she was famous.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Bru makes really tasty corn fritters. They serve it with a sweet-spicy jam sauce for dipping. Major yum.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

The recipes are almost the same (other than syrup vs. yogurt, both would be fine). I like Gordon adding the egg and olive oil (I would do that too). Deep fried or pan fried is fine, but I would probably pan fry and use avocado oil instead.

I would also try substituting corm meal for the flour (and use the egg).