Friday, May 13, 2016

Who do you Anti-Trust?



So Trump is not the kind of guy who takes things lying down. The Washington Post has announced that they have assigned 20 reporters to search every aspect of his life. They are using a full court press that I am sure they are not doing to Hillary. Now as you know the Post is owned by Jeff Bozo who owns Amazon. Trump was ruminating. “Hmmmm he must be worried that I am going to look into the tax collection issues with Amazon. Or better yet what about anti-trust. Amazon is starting to dominate everything. Please tell me why the monopoly of the Telephone Company was no good but Amazon can dominate every aspect of on-line sales. The Justice department just stopped the Office Depot and Staples merger because they control too much of the market. Is Amazon a good prospect for an anti-trust investigation?”


You know what? That’s a good question. Amazon dominates so many parts of the on-line e-commerce sales in everything from books to videos to food. Just like the telephone company used to do. They drive out competitors by virtue of how big they are. Maybe the government might come in and say hey if you sell books and videos and streaming you are good. Split off the other facets like electronics and clothing and food and let shareholders decide what part they want to own. I don’t know much about anti-trust and monopoly law and I don’t like the government telling business what to do. But I can see where this could be a question. Especially a question asked about someone who is trying to attack me through his hand bought media. Something for Mr. Bozo to think about.

Who do you Anti-Trust?

6 comments:

Methadras said...

You think any other news organizations even bothered to assign this many reporters to look into every aspect of the traitor in office now? Oh no, but since the Trump hate is so fucking thick, why it's high time we find out who this guy is. If I were Trump, I would find out who these 20 reporters are and find out everything about them and report that too.

Chip Ahoy said...

They did the same thing with Palin's emails.
[scoured palin's emails] bang Washington Post first result, the whole thing searchable online at their site.

Who am I gonna distrust? All politicians, certainly.

And because that is the case allow me to offer a tiny story for your amusement.

This happened today. I was filling the carpet machine bucket with water hot as it will go when suddenly the drudgery triggered a memory of my younger brother mad at me. We're sitting in a car and he's driving a very long way along California coast and he's telling me about the girl he is dating and the problems he is having with her. How things connected with the girl before that and those connected with his previous wife. I listened intently but didn't say anything. I just listened. I was looking out the window and he said. "You aren't even listening."

I was too listening. Intently. Shut up, Stupid. That sounds exactly the sort of thing a wife says to her husband . It's feminine. And he's a bruising rough construction worker electrician. "I am too."

"Then repeat what I said."

Oh give me a fucking break. You have GOT to be kidding. Now that really does sound like a nagging emotional wife. I recalled his entire story and drew from it the key elements, I started at his beginning and used all his key words the wrong way, subjects of sentences became objects of sentences and vice versa, nouns are turned into verbs to make use of the word but assure that used wrong I said everything he said using his words to produce a ridiculous nonsensical impossible story with illogical cartoon ending and presented it as sensible and acceptable and he sat there driving and took it. The whole thing. Didn't crack a smile, didn't argue, didn't get mad not anything, expecting a fight I braced for the worst, he said, "Right. You ARE listening"

And I laughed so hard I splashed the bucket of water. I laughed all over again at the thought of that incident. Over a decade later. It had me bent holding on helplessly laughing. That is how my brother is so f'n funny. All he needed was to hear the key words and that satisfied him I really was listening. He saw right through my jackassery. Plus he stopped acting like a nagging wife.

edutcher said...

It is, of course, to laugh.

Bezos picks a fight and Trump makes him a laughingstock.

That's the thing about the Left - no sense of humor, but I'll bet he put a bee in somebody's bonnet at Treasury.

Methadras said...

Chip Ahoy said...

They did the same thing with Palin's emails.
[scoured palin's emails] bang Washington Post first result, the whole thing searchable online at their site.


And they found nothing. NOTHING!!! and these fuckers got away with the smear.

chickelit said...

Was the 20 reporter thing leaked by Woodward or was it announced?

edutcher said...

Pretty much leaked.

Mortuary Bob never could keep his mouth shut.

Bezos, of course, has shot his paper's credibility regarding Trump so, in very short order, the National Enquirer, especially if they come up with anything on Daddy Cruz' infidelities* before anybody else, will not only be the newspaper of record over the Gray Lady, but the WaPo, as well.

* and remember, Daddy still wants to run for re-election down in TX, so all the usual suspects will be looking to get to the bottom of Heidi's aversion to female campaign staffers.