Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Kevin Spacey is charged with felony sex assault

One year after being accused of molesting the teen son of a news anchor at a Nantucket bar.

The Daily Mail continues, as the disgraced actor posts a creepy video in response to the allegations.

This is gross.
The victim's mother, Heather Unruh, said last year that Spacey repeatedly stuck his hand down the pants of her 18-year-old son. The boy was eventually able to get away when a woman walked over to him while the actor was in the bathroom and said: 'Run!'
A lot more unhappy details at the link including a video.

But you know what? I haven't watched any of his movies so why would I want to watch his video?

I'll tell you a story instead.

Goes like this.

Years ago Denver had an odd drinking law that made it okay for 18 year-old people to drink beer with low alcohol content. So, several of those types of bars opened specifically for very young people. They were massively popular and the spots for constant problems having to do with young people learning to handle alcohol.

The large places were problematic, the smaller places less so.

When I started at the Federal Reserve Bank, age nineteen, I worked nights. Human Resources told me they have a deaf employee that worked the day shift in another department. I stayed late to introduce myself. I asked him where he likes to hang out, and would it be okay if I met him there and he introduce me to his friends.

That aggressive persistence led to a decades long engagement with a circle of deaf boys and girls my age.

He suggested I meet him at a nearby underage club. So I did. Met all his friends. We had a blast. This went on for a few years until we all came of age at the same time and it became possible to expand our horizons to full-age clubs. But for those few years we were stuck in the underage places. Drinking only 3.2 beer.

These young deaf people introduced me to literally hundreds thousands of people. As a group they were exceedingly outgoing. Quite a lot of tremendously funny things came up through all of that.

For example, at age 21 we were at a full-age western club. The beginning of our nefarious excursions. The pool table was surrounded by haystacks as a short barrier wall. Men and women were sitting on the haystacks drinking beer. The place was packed solid. The lines for drinks were outrageous.

Right at the door in the back leading to dance floor, separated in another large room for it being so loud and where most the crowd was, Jeff stopped and introduced me to someone passing by. Then another. Then another. And another. And another. Another, another, another, another, another, one and two and three people in sequence, singles and couples and groups, all speaking a painstaking tedious fingerspelling augmented with sparse signs. In that one half hour Jeff introduced me to a steady stream of some 50 or so patrons. That's how gregarious Jeff was at that age. Everybody, and I mean everybody wanted to know Jeff. And through Jeff I met quite a lot of people. Finally, at length, somebody came along who I already knew, along with somebody else, and I vocalized to the two in English. I heard a woman scream behind me. I looked backward and the woman and her husband rushed toward us. The woman grabbed me and lifted me off my feet. "It's like a miracle!" She was kissing my face, neck and head.

"What is?"

"We were sitting here watching you. We told each other, you're a darling boy. Too bad, it's a shame that you're deaf. Then after all that, you speak!" She squeezed me again like I'm a tube of toothpaste. She had really strong arms.

So that's what happens at the adult bars.

But before that, at the very beginning at the underage bars with weak beer and no cocktails, There were always a few old men and women sanding around near the entrance. Just a couple. I asked my new deaf friends why were the older adults interested in hanging out at underage bars. Geraldo, who is the most of an actor than all the rest said, "bird, assault" then finger spelled, "c-h-i-c-k-e-n-h-a-w-k." Oh. There's word for it. Old dudes who like to hit on young people. They don't like people their own age. They like other people's kids. They're very grasping and insistent type people.

Old being 30. GAWL!

It's not just men. Women do this too.

2 comments:

The Dude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
edutcher said...

Spacey was a disaster looking to happen.

Even heterosexual cisgender guys know you wait to get her home and in the mood.