Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Thou Shalt Always Kill

Hate the title. A bit old, but so what.

Not really for you but maybe for your nieces or nephews or maybe even your grandchildren. I'm guessing you're going, 'Ew, I hate this" but check out comments to see why it appeals to others. It's a spoken song. Pedagogic. Not your sort of thing. British, not my sort of thing.

It's purposefully contradictory. And so far as the spelling of Phoenix goes, it should rightfully be spelled Feenix. Duh. Everybody knows that by the careful study of fonetix.

(I had a little comic routine thirty years ago in which I mispronounced every word by its spelling that included the words Phoenix and phonetics. It was derived from getting messed up receiving fingerspelling phonetically, sounding out syllables in my head as they came across in rapid succession allowing no time to process, not waiting for the words to complete, and leading to ridiculous outcomes. Abbreviations for street and for saint were particularly troublesome, as were ph for f sounds. Things like "His Street Bernard was seen running down Bernard saint." I'd say that I was a self-taught reader by the book Hooked on Phonetics that I found in a trash bin in Phoenix. I studied the book really hard but it was missing the c.d. that came with it. Thus "puh hone ix" and Puh hee nix spoken as if it were natural.)

2 comments:

edutcher said...

WRT the title, when was the last time kids played Peace?

ricpic said...

Why is dreck music so vitally important to twenty and thirty-somethings............and chick?