Saturday, December 29, 2018

TDS in the wild

Great job, Media. Well done. By ubiquity, by pervasiveness coming in from every angle, by complete saturation you've managed to warp tender and beautiful minds to extreme distortion and elevate raw emotions to breathtaking height.

I've seen it myself. Repeatedly. That's why I limit social engagements and constrict my circle of friends. I have only to review my own last fifteen birthday parties for sufficient examples. The latest one this last July stands for a very good example on its own. As will the next.

One guy who I know very well allowed his personality to be changed by the things that he hears on t.v., taken as received common shared wisdom. I know the man can think for himself, but when it comes to political matters he cedes his thinking to others less astute than himself and the things that are absent are even more glaring lacuna than the wrong things that are present and spoken.

If he had more, and more accurate information, then he wouldn't associate with the Democrat Party at all. As it is, his sweet mind is as a funnel. And it's filled with garbage that's woefully wrong.

I heard, "Boy it sure is hot. *sarcastic voice* But that's got nothing to do with global warming. NoooOOOOOOOOOooo. It can't be anything like that."

Then. "The man refuses to allow transgenders into the military." (I happen to know the person doesn't give a flying snit about American military.)

Then. And here's the good part because it has all the unusual and uncharacteristic vocabulary drilled into his ears and lodged in his head, as if is it all normal words: "Trump is misogynist, xenophobic, transphobic, homophobic, and racist."

He is a lovely man. But at my birthday party he's a raging angry mal-informed asshole. And I don't like that. I don't like the transformation. I don't like a smart lovely man being so g.d. stupid. And I'm not up to the task of challenging all social media, all news, all Hollywood, all academia, all the Democrat Party.

One said, "I saw a bumpersticker that said, "If you elect a clown you can expect a circus. Ha ha ha ha ha."

[If you get your political opinion from bumperstickers, from Democrat late night talk show hosts, from movies, from television shows, from news produced by Democrats, read by Democrats newsreaders, for a Democrat audience, from your college professors, then you are seriously misinformed taking in straight up Party propaganda, the equivalent of Itar Tass. And it shows by your angry retardation and your emotional disruption.]

I interjected forcefully. "Where in the world are you getting your information?" I know where he's getting his information. Where they're getting their information. I'm trying to get across it's not good enough. Accepting it is making them stupid. And I don't like that.

The two men engaged talking both look at me a bit stunned and perplexed. Why am I asking such a basic queston?  "From the news." Shrug. Of course. Where else?" Duh. Everyone knows this common shared knowledge.

"Paul, a decade ago when I asked you about your father, you said amusingly, 'he reads the newspaper everyday but he doesn't know what's going on in the world.' Well guess what. You've become your father. American news is not serving you well." I shook my head in disgust and rolled my eyes comically dramatizing because that's how we talk. "Well, see. There it is. You guys need a lot better sources of information." And left it at that. We were together to celebrate me surviving another year. Thank you, Lord. I must now pray. I was in no mood to argue. Again.

"Dear God, thank you for letting me live another year. It's actually quite interesting down here. I'd really love to see it through if that's okay with you. You're the best. Amen."

Turn volume down. The video is blood-pressure affecting. NSFW due to intense swears.


Update: The dude was fired. 

4 comments:

edutcher said...

100 years ago, these people were in the Klan. They need to hate somebody so they can blame all their misfortunes on anybody but them.

ricpic said...

Fifteen birthday parties?! I thought the whole point was to forget.

chickelit said...

A shirt did all that?

ampersand said...

Spare the rod, spoil the millennial. The poor owner took it in the shorts but he did fire this clown immediately. Twitter or Facebook could hire him to conduct insensitivity training though.