Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Smoked turkey

A friend made this.

I intended to have a quiet day at home for Christmas but then a friend called to say they're smoking a turkey on the Big Green Egg, nothing big, not an actual party, they're not celebrating Christmas the usual way this year, no kid, no tree, no present exchange, but the Big Green Egg caused them to think of me because I gave it to them.

Run, sentence, run!

The heavy grill was stored unused and there's nothing worse for a grill than not being used. These people already have a grill. A large one too. But it's gas. I thought for a long time about to whom I should bequeath it and I know I chose well. George tells me about the videos he watches about this specific grill to the point he has so many crossed opinions that it's confusing. That tells you, go for it, and do what you want. These Big Green Egg owners who upload videos are a very opinionated group, an entire world to themselves. He said he talked to the salesman at Ace Hardware for so long he felt that he needed to buy something. So he bought new felt gaskets for the top and bottom pieces even though he didn't need them.

It was a very nice dinner. And that turkey is smoked!

George loves this grill. And I love seeing it used.

No comments: