Sunday, December 30, 2018

Trump freezes pay for federal workers in 2019

Wow. That's cold.

Roll Call.

President Trump signed an executive order on Friday that would freeze pay for federal workers in 2019.

Would?

The plan was confirmed in August required to head off steep pay raises that would happen by dint of a 1990 law which presidents routinely override.

Weird.

But now Trump does it so it's automatically catastrophic.
This is just pouring salt into the wound. It is shocking that federal employees are taking yet another financial hit. As if missed paychecks and working without pay were not enough, now they have been told that they don’t even deserve a modest pay increase.
Said some guy.

More words back and forth regarding the pay of workers in our morbidly obese federal government. We're expected to care.

End right here.

Fact is, I can't care.  Just don't have it in me.

My mind wandered.

To something more interesting to me.

I had a flashback. ZAP! A picture forms. A memory of picture that formed. It formed again.

Of that deaf rapper Signmark in his video, "Smells Like Victory" in which he rhymes "victory" with "stick to me."

Then he says, "you haters ain't s*** to me."

But, watching carefully as we do there is no "S***" to be seen and there is no "to me."

Instead, where that phrase appears he picks something off the tip of his nose and tosses it.

It's an odd 3-stage sign. Pick something off, turn hand around, flick off the invisible something.

It means "I don't care."

"Don't mean s*** to me" = "I don't care."

And I have no idea why that motion means I don't care. It's a mystery to me. It sticks to me.

Even though shown once, and accepted, and internalized instantly, and used thereafter, I still don't know why it means "I don't care."

Maybe it comes from France.

Gallaudet was French after all.

It seems like a European motion.

That's actually more interesting to me than the fate of the pay rate of 2.1 million federal civilian workers. They're overpaid to begin with relative to market standards and there are far too many of them. If it was bad for them, and it's not, then they'd leave in great numbers. But they don't. Because they have it made in the shade and they know it. Seems my mind wandered back.

2 comments:

edutcher said...

Simon Legree lives!

chickelit said...

Pay freeze, Fed raising interest rates -- it's like a perfect storm to crash the D.C. unreal estate market.