Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Bruno Mars, "The Lazy Song" ASL

I cannot figure out his "not pick up my phone" and "leave a message." I wouldn't know what I was seeing without the music. Those must be whatcha call colloquialisms. And that makes me go hmmm, now learn something new everyday innit.

Love how they pulled this together. Young people; so enthusiastic, willing, malleable. So excellent.

When I clicked in editor it said video unavailable. Here's the link if it doesn't display and you care to see it.

2 comments:

The Dude said...

That music is awful, but at least my training has advanced to the point that I can recognize some signs - yesterday we worked on "V" signs - what do you know - "lay on my bed" was one of them, even though I would prefer "lie on my bed".

No I will shut off my speakers and try to read the closed captions and signing simultaneously, while avoiding that execrable pop music.

Chip Ahoy said...

His "Lay" slides off the bed. It look like "disappear" except with two fingers not one. Then the next time he pantomimes himself laying back with his arms behind his head.

I wondered about the situations where you have several options to show the same thing, and I decided since the line is repeated the same way in English then whatever you decide to show it should also be the same way each time. Because watching without sound you won't recognize, oh, this is the same chorus again.