Thursday, October 25, 2018

Overheard at Lem's

It is cold right this minute and I should be working but I am waiting for it to warm up a bit. Chip Ahoy mentioned The Raft of the Medusa, a painting by Théodore Gericault. It is a large painting and once seen not easily forgotten.

One of my sons is a genius when it comes to painting and while he was in school he painted this:


The minute I saw it I cracked up - it is a painting of articles of clothing arranged so that the composition and light mimic Gericault's painting. My son is a funny guy, just sayin'. I keep trying to buy the original from him but somehow that never happens. No inheritance for you!

3 comments:

Amartel said...

That's really really good!
Study of Bedroom Floor as War Zone.

ricpic said...

The Raft is a fantastic painting and your son is a fantastic talent. Plus, he isn't colorblind like pater.

The Dude said...

Thanks, both of you. And ricpic, you are correct. Lately he has been working in black, white and shades of gray. I chided him, sayin' "Boy, you done got the rods and cones, but you ain't usin' 'em. Don't make me come up there and whup you!" He laughed and said "You are correct, father, ironic, isn't it?"

Kids!