Friday, October 26, 2018

Chelsea Clinton considering political office if someone steps down or retires

Iohud
"I think if someone were to step down or retire and I thought I could do a good job and it matched my talents, I’d have to think if it’s the right choice for me," 
She's doing interviews promoting  her book, Start Now!

The interviewer asks: What changes have you made in the past five years in your family life to be environmentally conscious?

Really? Who cares?
When I take out the trash I dump it all into the bin and keep the plastic liner to reuse. I can usually get two or three uses from a single kitchen trash liner bag. Sometimes four. They're very cheap but I kept seeing all those perfectly good liners being tossed with the trash as if they are trash themselves, and that caused me to think that looks really wasteful. Because they're perfectly white.  
I reuse my teabags as well. I also recycle my sandwich bags. I smash all my beer cans and recycle them,  and we have our maid take our used wine bottles down the bottle recycling place. I also save the corks.
We changed our front yard to rocks and took out the gardens because those things take a lot of water. Plus I don't flush when I do #1. Instead I wait until I do #2. 
And I sharpen my pencils down to nubs where I cannot even hold onto them anymore, then I save the nubs until someone invents a way to turn them into a full-size recycled pencils. So far I have 8 pencil nubs. With pretty good erasers because I hardly erase anything at all once I write it.  
Psych! She didn't say that.
I’ve always recycled and used smart light bulbs and tried to take short showers. The things that seem small are the things that if we all did would make a profound impact. The biggest shift since becoming a parent is talking to my children about why we make these choices at home and why it’s important that we all be part of making these choices regardless of our age.  I love seeing how proud my kids, even Aidan, who is only 2, are when he carries cardboard boxes to the recycling bin. Hopefully it’s just part of their daily lives.
What do you know. Just like a regular person.

Interviewer asks: A  record number of women are running for office this year, many of them inspired by your mother’s run and the results of 2016 elections. Why haven’t we seen your name on the list?
I don’t have any plans to run for office, but it is something I think about as I hope every young person thinks about it. If you care about what’s happening in the world, you have to care about running for and holding elected office. I hope it’s a question that we ask ourselves. For me, I live in a neighborhood in the city and in a state where I feel my family, and what I hope for the world, is well-represented. 
It’s at the national level where I disagree deeply with President Trump on, l think, everything practically.
You weren't asked about Trump, Dear. But since you did, that's a bit breezily general and opaque. What specifically do you have in mind, Trump getting N.K. to stop lobbing missiles over Japan and to be less dominated by China, and hooking up with S.K, Trump disengaging from draining international treaties that do nothing to achieve their purpose except redistribute American money across the globe, renegotiating treaties that damage American middle class, having our allies pay for the defense we provide them, moving our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, lowering taxes and eliminating wasteful and damaging regulations that cripple the economy, reducing unemployment, improving the prospects of black Americans and Hispanic Americans, inspiring the stock market improving your own portfolio without you lifting a finger, bringing back production to the United States, bringing America back to #1 spot in competitiveness, and now, lowering the cost of medicines? Be specific, Dear. Which of these things do you object to? You did say "practically everything." Can we assume you prefer the reverse.

And when it comes to talent, exactly what talent of yours do expect to find a match?

America will never be rid of the Clintons. When Chelsea is old and withered and falling down steps, and coughing through speeches, completely discredited, there will be her spawn to replace her with nothing to recommend them except for their name. Like the Kennedys, Democrats love their dynasties. It's so ... romantic.

And I fear conservatives will do the same thing with Trumps as they have with the Bushes, Rockefellers, and many others. It's natural.  Like a feudal system where the son grows into his father's trade when that's all that you know.

It's all Chelsea knows. She's groomed specifically for this. She's accompanied her mother on countless neighborhood meetings spanning the whole country, hosted by her supporters eager to feel and be engaged. Actually, partying with a purpose. Endless alcohol. Nevertheless, speech after speech after speech after speech at one wealthy household after another, year after year after year. That was Chelsea's life. She knows nothing else but to be hosted in homes of American wealthy, to accept accolades for being a Clinton, awards, positions for jobs she cannot do, and unearned chairs on corporate boards based on her work at her parent's foundations now run out of Canada to avoid vexing US laws.

2 comments:

edutcher said...

The Brood Mare will never be another Hildabeast.

Mom never waited for someone to die. She got busy and arranged an accident.

The Dude said...

Webb must be just about bustin' out with paternal pride.