Monday, October 22, 2018

PETA: Cow's milk is a symbol of white supremacists

Story at kron4, with reasoning behind why this is so. Too stupid to even read. So instead I'll regale you with a milk-related anecdote.

I resist shopping which is strange because I have a lot of fun whenever I do. I buy a lot of milk, usually freeze half it, then I don't have to go back for awhile. Since it's the heaviest thing I go to the milk chiller first. So there I am loading 8 gallons into an empty cart.

A tall large man wearing loose gray cotton clothing came up to my cart as I was bent down reaching for gallons on the lower shelf. He loomed above me.

You must put on your Arnold Schwarzenegger voice for full effect.

"Is all this milk for you?"

     "Yes."

"You really can drink all this milk?"

     "Yes."

His face communicates incredulity. He's thinking Americans are strange. He's will go back to Germany and relate this encounter of the man he saw loading 8 gallons of milk.

     "I can drink a gallon a day."

His eyes bulged and his mouth opened, his head pulled back in shocked disbelief. It's true. One day I did drink a whole gallon. But that was only once.

     "But I'm trying to cut back ... to half gallon a day."

"Oh, okay."

As if half gallon a day is reasonable where a gallon a day is not.

Back in that heavy milk drinking period I bragged about being able to drink a whole gallon in one day to the check out clerks as they are running the gallons over their scanner. One time a teenage boy was bagging and he overheard me bragging and he interjected, "I can too."

And that caused me to cast back to my own teenage years standing in front of the refrigerator and ignoring civilized use of a drinking glass, lifting the whole gallon to my mouth, tilting it and veritably inhaling nearly the whole thing without stopping. My brother did the same thing.

1 comment:

MamaM said...

The milk story is a curiosity. While it's not any of the guy's biz wax why someone else is loading up their cart with milk, the desire on the loader's part to brag about past prowess as though it was current reality seems unusual. It's ok to like milk or not like milk. Period.