Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween at the White House

The video is short.

I stepped out today for a short errand. In the first minute a man approached me then passed by at top speed wearing a gold old-fashioned diver's helmet. And I thought, "God, I love this time of year."

Several years ago I went to the Museum of Natural History this time of year. Parked close to the entrance. A school bus pulled up and opened its doors just as I walked in front of it and First and Second-graders poured out, all wearing pre-printed paper masks that they colored and cut out themselves; lions, bears, tigers, elephants, rams and the like, and all of the children, the boys especially,  positively inhabited their represented creature, they poured out roaring, and growling, and threatening, swinging their claws as they all ran with tremendous enthusiasm into the museum beyond their teacher's ability to corral them.