Thursday, October 5, 2017

Injured Las Vegas victim stands up for Trump

This actually hurts to watch.

I'm trying to personalize this and just can't. Trial visualizations fail.

Melania Trump tells him not to get up but he doesn't listen to her. I would have listened to her wise advice. He said he'd do it whoever is president, and I respect that. Although the image of that with me in his place is impossible. I'm trying to picture myself doing this, but the picture just doesn't come. It'd be more like, "Say, could you had me that box of tissue, or, could you pass me that glass of water?" I'm trying to heal up in here. And now you're here part of my scene. This video is making the rounds and I can see why patriotically minded types like it but the man is standing on injured legs.

Then again, and this really surprised me when it happened, following my own hip repair the next day a therapist came blasting into the room barking orders like a drill sergeant. "Up, up, up and at 'em! It's time to get up!"  I hate that with a passion so I shut him down angrily and barked him out of the room. How dare him talk to me that way. The offense that I felt was immense. A different person returned to explain they get best results when they begin therapy immediately, when our strong inclination to curl up in a corner like a wounded dog and retreat from life and all activity for a month. Truly, the worst part of an injury like this is the aggravation imposed by the hospital. Yes, they heal you. Thank you for that. But I could really do without the massive aggravation. Like uninvited visitors. But that's my bad attitude. This guy is entirely different.

I like this. It shows me a better more gracious way to be. While still being kind of dumb. I don't know. I doubt I'd get up. Hard to tell.

I like how Trump pats him lightly on the shoulder, apparently aware the guy's condition is delicate and there might be another injury under his flimsy hospital tissue-gown. Can you imagine Trump's usual vigorous firm skeletal rattling handshake that tears his arm from its socket and a hearty bear like slap on the shoulder. While just having Melania show up in your room would be healing energy right there. I'm trying to imagine this, would Michelle Obama have a similar affect on a member of her  tribe? By her own words, she does have a tribal mentality and a racial obsession. Yes, I can imagine that.

6 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Great analysis, Chip.

William said...

I don't know how you quantify such things but it does seem that an unusual number of people at this event behaved with courage and honor.

Trooper York said...

You beat me to it Chip.

Great post.

edutcher said...

Saw this yesterday.

Classy.

PS Mike and Pissy don't like the little people. Especially if they're black.

ricpic said...

If you were raised a certain way it would be inconceivable not to make the effort to stand when the president enters the room. Yes, even Hussein.

AllenS said...

THE MAN. The man I voted for.