Thursday, October 19, 2017

John Kelly gives White House briefing on phone call to parents of Green Beret La David Johnson

The upload on YouTube titles this an emotional briefing, with the word emotional in caps. Other sites characterize the briefing as heartfelt. I do not find it particularly emotional, I am not brought to the edge of tears as other viewers have. And heartfelt is tantamount to straightforward and sensible, if at least very sensitive.

However, the instigator and her dopey agitated followers are impervious.

I understand them, though. Without any empathy toward them. Fairly every single thing that Obama said, straight up antagonistic, grated my nerves so badly my blood pressure rose every time he flapped his lips which turned out agonizingly to be every day. I never experienced a president so insistent on making himself heard, so in love with his own voice, so addicted to cameras. To the point of buying two extra remotes so I'd have three for my two rooms where I watch television. I got really good at shutting him up, hitting mute before he finished his first sentence. Silence was better than hearing him. Then change of channel to make him go away for the moment, but not the day. Media loved him so so much they ran his clips constantly. He provided a new one every single day. So I get it. They don't like to hear Trump's voice. But I do. Just like they enjoyed hearing amazingly narcissistic Obama. I often wondered how they managed listening without becoming annoyed. Then I realized they didn't listen to him. Or else they'd be more annoyed than I was.

So suck it.

That's where we're at.



Comments over there on YouTube are interesting. Recommended. Compare them for quality between two competing groups. Trump detractors write like silly little freshmen in High School with surface comprehension spoon-fed them by Party combined with malevolency deep as Mariana Trench. 

In Red Oak, my sister-in-law volunteered unsolicited she voted for Trump because she just couldn't bring herself to vote for Hillary Clinton. "I don't know why I don't like her, I just don't." 

Bless her heart. 

No really, bless it because that's a bit dumb.

I held up my left forearm and with fingertips of my right hand ticked down the arm-post as if showing a very long detailed list. "I know exactly why I don't like her." She giggled. 

9 comments:

john said...

It's a lot more dangerous for your sister in law to admit that. Kudos to her.

Someone who undoubtedly did not vote for Trump broke 8 years of silence on Obama to talk about something completely over his head. But remember, he is a compassionate conservative, so go easy. He also has to stick up for his dad and brother. Obama never beat up Jeb.

And the Texas democrat congresswoman blames THE WOMEN for causing Harvey Weinstein to fuck them. Some gifts keep on giving.

edutcher said...

Lost in the shuffle is the fact the firm of Trump, Mattis, McMaster, Kelly, & Tillerson have decisively beaten IS the way Dubya beat Al Qaeda. And with low casualties, too.

So now Trump has to be blamed for something and one of any number of black race hustlers who conned their way into a sinecure in Congress will gladly take up the gage.

We only have to wait until she becomes concerned over the racism inherent in the name of Niger.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

If a GOP ever did something like that to Obama, that would have been the end of that congressperson.

But with Trump, everything goes.

The worse part of this is that I believe a healthy skepticism towards our political leaders is something I regard as desired in the American citizenry.

But the democrats imbalance of power has my default setting tilted in favor of Trump. Even things up a bit if only in my imagination. With every unproven allegation and attempt to destroy him brings me closer and closer to secretly favoring him for re-election.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

After watching the press conference I'm even more impressed with Trump.

The guy tried to go the extra mile, after seeking council on how to do it right.

Chip Ahoy said...

That's exactly what I thought, Lem.

That's what I was getting at comparing what gets on people's nerves.

AntiTrumpites call Trump an idiot. And I can see Trump possibly bungling that portion of advice given him. While Obama supporters dismissed every stupid thing the guy said as just being human, and they're endless.

Chip Ahoy said...

Educator, when I heard Kelly say the name of the African country I thought, "Oh, so that's how it's pronounced, as Nijer."

Then why don't they spell it that way? For crying out loud.

edutcher said...

Because it's RRRRAAAAACCCCCCIIIIIISSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edutcher said...

PS There is a hard g in the limerick

There was a young lady of Niger
Who smiled as she rode on a tiger;
They returned from the ride
With the lady inside,
And the smile on the face of the tiger.


Else it don't rhyme.

ricpic said...

My only quibble with what Kelly said is his stating that there's nothing sacred anymore. If that were really true there wouldn't be a counter revolution - against cocksure secularism - going on in America.

Hey Lem, why are you only allowed to "secretly" favor Trump for re-election? I have my thoughts on why but I'm holding my fire....for now. :^x