Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Common Core

To say the fifteen-year old kid connects the dots on Common Core understates the report the young man provides. To refer to Patrick Richardson as a kid understates his intellect, his composure, his handling of his information, his presentation, the  gravitas he projects.

The video seen linked on Ace is 35 minutes long, well worth the time spent watching here. The project and the report is outstanding. (needs flash) 

Points of fact: Connect the dots as you know refers to a children's game in which a line is drawn by connecting numbered dots on a page in sequence in linear fashion starting with 1 and ending wherever it does until the last number is reached and by the trail of connected lines left behind a recognizable picture appears. A kid is an immature goat.

Connecting the dots by a kid is not what is happening here, rather, a grand conspiracy worth billions of dollars and decades of education of hundreds of thousands of students is occurring behind scenes but nonetheless leaving its heavy scent trail everywhere is picked up and pursued, rocks turned over, accounts looked into, portfolios examined, company histories closely vivisected, principals named and shown speaking, reports divulged, money followed, plots uncovered, methods explained, and motives examined and questioned. Not a dot game, not by a child, rather a thorough report on Common Core is presented complete.

My favorite part is his noting the copyright material at the front of his textbook, and all of the extra printed material not used. That is where the story is intimate. Immediately.
          
               "This is what I get to carry back and forth every day." 

A very fat book stuffed thick with crap not taught, carried back and forth day after day in his backpack multiplied by hundreds of thousands of  -- kids is it? -- every single day across America, land of the free, home of the brave.

Oh man, those two epithets just now caused me trip out and visualize "America" in hieroglyphics, this must be one of those Colorado things, cartouche, followed by two epithets, just like a royal name. So when the royal name is bashed, out of meanness or rewriting history, the correct name is still identified by its epithets left unbashed. Like this one.  The name is Akhenaten and that is known by the unbashed epithets. 

See, it would not be Canada: Home of the free, land of the brave, although that might not be wrong it is not Canada's epithets. It would not be Mexico, land of the free, home of the brave, although there are free and brave live there, it is not Mexico's epithets. True or false, those are still America's epithets. On account of a song.

"Ah" (transcribed: 3) an Egyptian eagle, "mer" a primitive wooden hoe, very common biliteral used frequently in names, "eh" (transcribed: i.) a sedge frond that looks like a feather, two frond feathers for "y",  "ka" two human arms connected as "stop", refers to a portion of the soul, an important sign used frequently in names.  That is what I saw just now. I bet I don't even have to make it. I bet someone already did. I just now lost that bet. Here, I made this.

G1 U6 M17-M17 D28  

That was easy. It says AhMerryKa. 

A-a-a-a-a-a-ny way. Back on Earth.

That remark about toting a book took me back. I carried my books back and forth with no intention of reading them. I figured if I paid attention in class HA! I'd have it nailed. If everything made sense along the way then I'd have no problem when the test came and that worked solidly until then but it was getting harder and harder to keep up the act  and finally at a new school I encountered Elaine Stotko sitting there by herself, a vision, a lovely girl like an angel,  and I wondered why all the boys were avoiding a fox like her so I mozzied on up and sat at the desk beside her and admired her beautiful luxurious long straight blond silken hair that occurs on princesses in towers, doll hair on a doll head with a doll face, no make up, nature girl, a hippy chick except intellectual, daughter of the corn, actually a Major's daughter it turned out, and I learned right off within one minute the reason boys kept a clear swath. She drove them off with her caustic cutting disrespect, her aloof attitude and insincere sharp-edged bitchiness that allowed no intimacy and discouraged humor and fun.

I have two sisters. Is she trying to charm me or what? It didn't work on me. She failed to drive me off and in her world that is very odd indeed. We turned out friends. She hooked up with another such officer's bitch-daughter with the same aloof streak that kept boys at a distance and the three of us ruled. Then I moved. But before that I asked her how she managed straight A's, this was when straight A's meant something, and she told me. It took me a moment to process what she was saying. It was quite incredible.
"Do you mean to tell me you read that thing? This whole time I thought the book was something to carry back and forth, part of the act." 
I adopted her student-ninja ways, there were other things too, like take notes, then re-write the notes at home legibly, then review the notes taken and review the book, a lot of work involved in getting straight A's hardly worth the effort but I wanted to be near Elaine. This guy here, Patrick Robertson, is a lot smarter than I was then. 

My second favorite thing is his popping up. It is irrepressible energy that pops his whole body up, he does that a few times. It is a minor thing but it is teenager thing, a little pop of energy that lifts the body. 

Patrick Richardson, you are impressive indeed. In deed you are impressive. In the YouTube description this:
Some may wonder what produces a young man like Patrick Richardson. Patrick is quick to credit his success to the role his family has played, by instilling in him strong religious beliefs and values, and encouraging him to develop his God given talents. Mrs. Lewis believes this is what has enabled him to become the mature, highly motivated, ambitious, well rounded productive young man he is today.

6 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Common Core sounds a lot like Central Planning.

ricpic said...

Canada: land of the lukewarm, home of the "Eh?"

deborah said...

I think it's more like land of the bitchy, home of the blah.

edutcher said...

Common Core exists to complete the dumbing down of American education.

deborah said...

When I see a video like this I have the urge to create an email in hopes that it will go viral. Link the vid, say it goes a bit long, but is very interesting. Add bullet points so they don't actually have to watch it, send it to all the people I know with young kids and grandkids, and ask them to send it on to all the people they know. Fat lot of good that would do, probably.

My kids began taking standardized state tests because of 'No Child Left Behind.' I don't think it was the worst thing. Yes, there was 'teaching to the test,' but kids need to know basic reading and math by rote. It wasn't like Common Core, which has age-inappropriate expectations of understanding.

Bill Gates' 'venture philanthropy' is an hilarious OMG.

ricpic said...

I didn't need Common Core, I dumbed down all by my lonesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a tower of smart relative to Schmendrik, phx and ARM. I'm dumb...they're dumber. :^/