Friday, October 14, 2016

"Bob Dylan still silent on Nobel literature prize win"

"The Academy has spoken to Dylan's agent and his tour manager," the Academy's chancellor Odd Zschiedrich told AFP.

But as yet they have not spoken directly to Dylan himself, he said.

"It's happened several times -- even in modern times -- that we haven't been able to speak to the laureate immediately," Zschiedrich said.

Dylan's silence could prove embarrassing for the Academy, which has faced some criticism for its decision to award the prize to a songwriter for the first time -- although reactions from the literary world have been mostly positive.

The new poet laureate of rock'n'roll played to a packed house in Las Vegas on Thursday night, hours after seeing off favourites including Britain's Salman Rushdie to become the first American to win the literature Nobel since Toni Morrison in 1993.

More : https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-response-yet-bob-dylan-nobel-literature-prize-114500585.html

8 comments:

chickelit said...

Perhaps it's just stunned silence.

Leland said...

Hasn't he said enough?

chickelit said...

I look forward to reading his acceptance speech and also looking for clues in this year's Christmas lights.

Methadras said...

Maybe the cat finally got his tongue.

chickelit said...

I just occurred to me that Althouse and Dylan are two peas in the same pod: Neither one acknowledges.

AllenS said...

The answer my friend is blowin' in my head

The answer is blowin' in my head.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I think it might have been John Cougar Mellencamp whose acceptance speech for a Grammy was something along the lines of: "What can I say? I'm an asshole."

That's a man who gets my respect.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

Neither one acknowledges.

I suspect that Bob Dylan and Ann Althouse are very, very, very different kinds of people.