Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Good Witch is just spooky!



I love Hallmark Movies and the Hallmark original series that they produce for the family market. It gives me a window into life outside of Brooklyn. I call those places "Hallmark Town." It's where everyone is nice and looks out for each other. People are polite and help each other out. And nobody pays for anything. It is all free. I almost never see anyone pay for coffee or cake or whatever they are purchasing in service of their story. So I was shocked when the Good Witch actually paid for her freaking sandwiches and they told us the price.

You see the Good Witch owns a small business just like me. But unlike me she can give the store away. She always seems to be giving people something that her witchy powers tells her will change their life. In this episode she gives this dude an expensive scarf that reminded him of his dead wife. Seriously? How can you run a business that way.

I think about this all the time when Chip regales us with his adventures at various restaurants in his town. I mean I don't think he lives in Hallmark Town but it ain't Brooklyn either. In this episode the Good Witch picks up two sandwiches and two large coffees and pays $15. Is that right? In Brooklyn we are talking about $20 or $25 or so. Unless you are talking Subway. Now I personally love Subway and Blimpies and other low end shops. But it is just not what a deli sandwich costs. The pork store sandwiches are $10 each on half a hero loaf. Coffees go for $1.50.

Anyway I had to shout at the TV. Ok the prices freaked me out. But at least she paid for them. Progress.

America needs to realize we have to start paying the bill. There is no free lunch.

17 comments:

edutcher said...

Well, that lets out the Hildabeast.

rcocean said...

"Is that right? In Brooklyn we are talking about $20 or $25 or so."

Where I live, $7.5 x 2 = $15 and coffee $3-4 + tax = $20.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

She's probably having sex with the one true Ted.

Methadras said...

Mmmm, Catherine Belle. Damn that's one fine looking woman.

You see, I can say these things now because I'm divorced and I can now publicly show my appreciation for teh wiminz!!

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

The one true Ted is a creepy weirdo - who gets all the hot chicks.

Chip Ahoy said...

Hey, that crap is expensive.

On the other hand I make almost everything I consume. For instance tonight I made meatballs that are so delicious, such outstanding flavor that I tested one, then another and another and another and BANG there went my whole dinner plan.

XRay said...

This time zone thing is a killer.

But, Cruz has dropped out.

Now it's the beast or the bullshitter.

Those appellations could occasionally occlude.

edutcher said...

No, Kasich is still in.

AprilApple said...

The one true Ted is a creepy weirdo - who gets all the hot chicks

But only by the hour. I'm sure his Senate credit card is maxed out.

edutcher said...

For those interested, Bernie took IN.

Looks like they'll be fighting it out all the way to Philadelphia.

Unless, of course, some Vince Foster-style accident doesn't overtake Bern.

Trooper York said...

April I don't believe in knocking a guy when he's down.

Let's leave Ted alone.

edutcher said...

Agreed.

If The Donald wanted to give Cruz an Administration job where I think he would really shine, and as a way of a peace offering, it would be Solicitor General. He appears to have been good at it in TX and, and meaning no disrespect, electoral politics does not seem to be his metier.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

One True Ted will live forever with ed.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

ed - you disingenuous troll. According to you, Ted is a liar and a fraud of the highest order - and a foul Christian to boot.

Screw you ed.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

According to ed, Lyin' Ted should be forced out of the senate and a democrat should take his place. Then Lyin' Ted should be drawn and quartered for his crimes against the Holy National Enquirer. At least then Cruzzer /The One True Ted can resume his 7 extra-marital affairs in peace.

The Dude said...

This must be the anger stage of grief.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

I'm relieved Cruz dropped out. Lets get this carnival on the road.

edutcher said...

Try to be nice and see what you get.

AprilApple said...

According to ed, Lyin' Ted should be forced out of the senate and a democrat should take his place

Saying electoral politics is not his best thing is not saying Cruz should be forced out of the Senate. It is however recognition of the fact Cruz is not a good candidate.