Saturday, August 20, 2016

What do you consider genuinely cool?

Reddit best comments...
People who do things without needing the approval of anyone else. Independence is a really good trait to have.
A quick wit, not just the obvious jokes.
Witnessing someone understand something after trying really hard to practice and learn.
I am an ESL teacher and it is so awesome seeing the excitement on my students' faces when things start clicking for them. You can see it all click and then they get overwhelmed with excitement that they start making errors again. The other kids will applaud and it is just a fantastic time.
I've got to remain cool, but I'll be damned if it doesn't make me choke up when I see someone learning. 
People who have a genuine passion for something,
That is the coolest shit of all
People who can laugh at themselves
Would have to be space. Its like the more we know the less we understand.

5 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Adults unabashedly playing silly w/ children.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Chip's homemade pop up books

ricpic said...

"I've gotta second Evi on that. The things Chip makes piss me off because they're so far beyond my capabilities that it might as well be in another universe. Right, Dr. Sagan?"

"Billions and billions and bil.........."

edutcher said...

Chip know hieroglyphics.

bagoh20 said...

People keeping their word in the face of great difficulty doing so. So rare, it's like a miracle to behold.