Wednesday, March 16, 2016

dance tutorial

I took something down because it had too many swears. It risked being censored.

I saw this the other day and was impressed. I've been thinking about this since. Compared with what I see on television advertising music-related exercise programs targeted for Americans to loose weight, mostly, I cannot imagine a better exercise than this. And it's free. I would practice this every day for fun. The instruction is impressive. She's telling her student the body positions and the thinking behind them, some body configurations carry meaning. I cannot believe how quickly this student grasps it all. There must be more to than this. I enjoyed this video tremendously. I think it has an incredible amount of underappreciated value. Hope it plays.


Got it? C'mon, your legs work, sure you do. The student picked up the segments. Then remembered them in sequence. I could always do this with sign automatically just like this but never with my legs. Can you do a squat then lift up effortlessly and on beat? There is so much here that I admire. The teacher putting meaning to movements appeals to me greatly and helps me understand how they do it so brilliantly.

We already saw them dance this song. There must be a dozen different videos of these moves put together.

If you care to, look for sign language. She put it there.

Hush, don't speak
When you spit your venom
Keep it shut I hate it
When you hiss and preach
About your new messiah
Cause your theories catch fire

1 comment:

deborah said...

Hilariously, many of the moves in the top vid are from the dance scene in Napoleon Dynamite.

This looks like excellent conditioning for someone younger, but for an older person, the jerking movements might cause injury...even with a good warm-up, I think.