Sunday, August 21, 2016

watering can

I was using my watering can the usual way and my thumb went right through the handle. And every time my thumb touches the spot it gets worse. This is the thing that when a friend saw it he said, "Oh Jeeze, even your watering can is Republican."

How rude.

No need to be offensive. His remark diminished my affection for the thing. And to regard him as politically obsessed. What a jerk. He's not funny anymore.


But now I'm bummed that my watering can is deteriorating, then I realized it's been over 10 years. Goodness times flies when your old friends aren't around to bug you. But now what will I get to replace it? 

I don't recall what I paid for it at the plant nursery, but I know it wasn't so low a price as offered on Amazon now. I can buy a new one as add-on item for $6.80. And I can have it in pink, or other elephants, or metal elephants from India. 

It holds only half gallon. That is its one shortcoming. But that makes it possible to fill from a bucket. 

You can get one with googly eyes. But that would be ridiculous. And you can get one with a sprinkling spout if you need that. They're so inexpensive it's incredible. You can have a whole herd. They're perfect for aiming water into potted plants. 

7 comments:

chickelit said...

Duck tape to the rescue!

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I do like the shape of it.

The Dude said...

I would say the old one was a democrat - folds under pressure, doesn't work, demands that good money be thrown after bad.

Wait - that was political. Never mind.

AllenS said...

I have replaced my supply of Duck tape by buying Gorilla tape which is duck tape on steroids. Way more better.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Democrats are such angry defiant a-hole losers, they would hunt and kill all the elephants just to make themselves FEEL better.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

We R's don't have those feels. I see a donkey - I think "ah how cute". I don't need to seek revenge on an animal that has nothing to do with it.

The Dude said...

Duck tape and duct tape are both lousy compared to gaffer tape. That stuff is the real deal.