Sunday, June 21, 2015

"New York Times Ignores Children of Gay Parents..."

 "...Who Want a Mom and Dad"
The New York Times ran an article this weekend (June 13) profiling and quoting many children of gay and lesbian parents under the headline “What Could Gay Marriage Mean for the Kids?”.  Noticeably absent were any children who, while loving their two moms or two dads, yearned for both a mom and dad...
In February 2015, Katy Faust published her moving testimony in the form of a letter to the man known to be the pivotal vote on the Supreme Court: “Dear Justice Kennedy: An Open Letter from the Child of a Loving Gay Parent.” She wrote:
I write because I am one of many children with gay parents who believe we should protect marriage. I believe you were right when, during the Proposition 8 deliberations, you said “the voice of those children [of same-sex parents] is important.” I’d like to explain why I think redefining marriage would actually serve to strip these children of their most fundamental rights.
Faust explains: “While I did love my mother’s partner and friends, I would have traded every one of them to have my mom and my dad loving me under the same roof.” (read more)

8 comments:

edutcher said...

A good reason for that.

A lot of the first generation adopted by homosexuals is being heard from and what they say is not Gay positive.

The Gray Lady's real motto, after all, is "All the news that fits, we print" .

William said...

I'm sure that there are some gay couples who can successfully raise children. And I'm sure that we will hear a lot about them. I'm sure that there are other gay couples in chaotic relationships and with deficient parenting skills. I'm sure that there will be no major motion pictures made about them.......I'm not against gay marriage, nor even against gay adoption. I do, however, think its fair to ask gay couples jump a few extra hurdles in the adoption process. Gay adoption probably beats foster or institutional care, but it's not the best possible deal for an adopted kid.. I would recommend that all children be adopted by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.......I would also be suspicious of any young man who wants to be a troop leader for the Girl Scouts.

ricpic said...

The NY Times is gay mafia central.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Traditional marriage is so.... oh not hollywood approved.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Hollywood is more important that what kids want &/or need.

Fr Martin Fox said...

Per the new, progressive orthodoxy, any child who, like Katy Faust, wishes for a mom and dad is evil and must be destroyed.

Orrey G.Rantor said...

Blame those hater children who want a mommy and daddy! Transbigots! Look, its a racist symbol! Blame a flag and white people! Blame guns!


But nothing to see here. Nothing at all. Mind your own business. Just a young boy twerking... at a "pride" parade.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/226663-lgbt-news-outlets-defend-video-of-young-boy-twerking-at-gay-pride-parade/

Michael Haz said...

Send her to the re-education camp! How dare Ms. Faust have her own opinion, when the borg demands she hold their opinion!