Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Grease is the Word!



There was a live performance of the musical Grease on FOX that we had taped so we decided to watch it in lieu of following the Iowa primary coverage because it was only the same talking heads saying the same stuff over and over until the votes were in. Both were very disappointing.

You see political correctness mandated that half of the roles be played by black actors. Not that it made any sense in the context of the times that the musical was set in. But you know how it is. There has to be quotas in everything now. I must admit that it really took me out of the show. I had seen the original show on Broadway when it first came out and of course I enjoyed the movie. I love the music as it was my era more or less so that is always fun. It was mindless but a waste of three hours of my life. I look forward to Ms. Saigon being played by Marlon Wayans.



Then I got the Iowa results. Ted Cruz win was a small surprise but he earned it by any means necessary. He established his bona fides by trashing New Yorkers, lying about Ben Carson dropping out and wrapping himself up in an altar cloth. He won fair and square. You have to admire someone as ruthless as he is because that is what we need in a candidate. I hope if he goes forward he pushes Hillary down the stairs in a wheelchair like Richard Windmark or something. I could sign on to that.

What really disturbed me is the good showing of Ricky Retardo Rubio. When I look at him one word comes to mind. Oleaginous. If you look up the term greasy politician in the dictionary I bet they use his picture. I saw his victory speech were he acted as if he had won the nomination when he came in third. I understand why he is the establishments new Great Brown Hope. I mean they think that the mere fact that he is Hispanic is a guaranty that he will get the Hispanic vote. Of course these country club cocksuckers don't know that most people from Spanish speaking countries hate the people from other Latin countries. The Puerto Ricans hate the Dominicans. The Chileans hate the Argentines. The Mexicans hate everybody. None of them can stand the Cubans.

I understand why the Republican establishment loves Rubio. He will sell anyone out. He is a weasel of the first water. When you listen to his speeches it is all about him and how America is great because of him and his story. If he says "When I become President" one more time I think I will shoot my television. He is one greasy nasty prick. I hope the electorate catches on. But I doubt it..

18 comments:

bagoh20 said...

Trump is the only candidate who admitted he lost. Everybody else won, somehow. It was a tie for first all around in both parties. Amazing!

bagoh20 said...

Funny, Meade, but Trump will win NH. If he doesn't it, won't take many more loses for him to quit. He's waiting for that to see if it's worth spending the big bucks to really go for it. he will not hang in there if he's losing. He wouldn't be in now if he didn't get such a yuge jump right from the beginning. He looks for easy wins. He's not ideological enough to fight when he's down.

ampersand said...

All future revivals of "West Side Story" will feature Mexican Sharks versus Mexican Jets. (Hets, Yets?). And the "Taming of the Shrew" can only be staged with an all lesbian cast.
Look forward to Jackie Chan's Othello.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Trump will drop out and endorse Hillary.

Chip Ahoy said...

Grease is not the word, not the word that wins the crossword clue of week.

The clue is: Mold in the freezer.
And the answer fits: _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

And that's all. No cross clues answered yet, no letters filled in.

It's the sort of clue that when you talk to the constructor in chat or in comments like this, or on their own site, or whatever, you go, "damn that's a good one." And they go, "I didn't write it. The editor changed my clue." And we all go, "Damn, he's good.

You had enough time, spoiler: the answer is icetray.

You may go, "No fairzies, that's two words" But the sad truth is phrases are legal.

bagoh20 said...

" How does he get out?"

As usual, file for bankruptcy.

Trooper York said...

Actually a West Side Story with a black gang vs a Latino gang would be fine. It is plausible and definitely adaptable. But this version of Grease was as ridiculous as that "Robin Hood" movie that had a black doctor in it. I mean seriously? Give me a freaking break.

chickelit said...

I think Troop is just grossed out by Jheri curl.

Trooper York said...

Well that and the lisp.

You know for a minute there I thought he was Titus.

In fact no one has ever seen them in the same place at the same time.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

chickelit said...

In fact no one has ever seen them in the same place at the same time.

Has anyone ever seen Nick and Titus in the same place at the same time?

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I'm in a bit of a bind. The guy I like is not likeable and the guy I dislike is liked dislikable and all.

I didn't notice much enthusiasm at the Ted Cruz camp last night. It's like they know this may have been a one time win, or something.

I don't know.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

test

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

OK - never mind those e-mails

rcocean said...

Yeah, I was disappointed that Rubio came in 3rd. He's a total Fraud. Joins the Gang of 8 and hugs Chuck Schumer. Now, he's Mr. Border Security - at least when he speaks English.

But he's just the kind of loser the average Republican loves. Any party that would vote for Dole, McCain and Romney will fall for anything.

I hope I'm wrong.

rcocean said...

Its amazing how Rush Limbaugh is willing to look over the Gang of 8 betrayal. If you're so stupid as to support someone who's turned 180 degrees and lied to your Goddamn face in order to pal around with McCain and Chuck Schumer - well, that makes you a Republican voter.

The Establishment wants Rubio. The same old, same old. You might as well elect Mitch McConnell President.

William said...

I don't know their usual voting habits, but I do know that Norwegians and Greeks turned out in unusually heavy numbers to vote for Mondale and Dukakis.......I never mourned the six lost counties, but I was kind of Irish Catholic.. I bonded with JFK and RFK in a way that I have never since with any politician. I guess Ted Kennedy vaccinated me. I don't think an Irish Catholic background would sway my vote, one way or another, although, to be honest, I find Joe Biden far less annoying than the other Dem candidates.......I think a lot of Hispanics would vote for Rubio simply because he's Hispanic. Ethnicity is a trump card. I think a lot of Chinese and Filipinos would turn out for a Japanese Prez candidate, because, in America, ethnicity is kind of fuzzy.

Trump fan said...

Yea s real wedt side story with some of real gang names in NYC
Lime the BLACK GORILLA FAMILY VS NETAS

Trump fan said...

Like