Saturday, February 20, 2016

From the very beginning I've always tried to tell the truth.

But sometimes it just isn't possible. Truth is a tricky thing. Who's truth? You think truth springs from facts. Who's facts? How arranged? How emphasized. Enough facts, enough arrangement and you have multiple truth sets. You can't handle the truth.

Says Hillary.

I'm imagining all that.

There is a video of her explaining her truthiness too aching to watch. They come right out and say it's hard to watch. Duly warned, I don't.

[Hillary, tells truth] 8 million results all first off addressing this recent answer to a journalist's question about telling the truth.

Hillary Clinton's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad answer on whether she's ever lied
Washington Post - 16 hours ago

CBS' Pelley Asks Hillary 'Have You Always Told the Truth?'
Mediaite - 1 day ago

I cannot believe we don't have a post on this. I checked twice. Pick one if you like.


Hillary Clinton: 'I've always tried to' tell the truth - Washington ...

www.washingtontimes.com/.../hillary-clinton-ive-..

16 comments:

Jim in St Louis said...

But I did not take the cookies. Since the cookies were eaten right there in the kitchen and were never 'taken' anywhere, I don't see how you can possibly say that I took the cookies. So yes, I answered honestly and said 'I did not take the cookies', and I looked you right in the eye when I said it. I may throw in the phrases 'to the best of my knowledge' or 'with my utmost intent' or 'as far as the facts are known'.

BTW the cookies were scrumptious. Loved every bite.

edutcher said...

We all try (name an endeavor).

Most fail.

If you want the top spot, you have to do more than try.

Meade said...

"...Who's truth? You think truth springs from facts. Who's facts? How arranged?...

Says Hillary."

She does?

Yikes. Honestly, I don't think we can have a POTUS who makes the who's/whose mistake.

Can we? I mean, truly — how embarrassing.

Leland said...

Her winning the Democratic primary is Republican's best bet for winning the White House.

Amartel said...

So, has the smart money been redistributed yet?

Meade said...

Still sits on Hillary for now. Bloomberg has moved up a penny though.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

The incesent Trump coverage has benefited the Clintons. The story, which has only been front page because a court forced everybody's hand, has never really peaked the interst of the main stream media. They are treating it like Bengazy. It happened, it's done and over with, move on.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chip Ahoy said...

Apologies my crap English embarrasses you, Meade. What a bummer for both of us.

Meade said...

Apologies accepteds.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

She set up a private server while working at State. No bigger story. It's laughable the media cannot form a single question about it.

The visual.

bagoh20 said...

Anybody who says they never lied and won't is lying right now.

When she said that she tries not to, that was the lie.

ricpic said...

I'd tell the truth but that's no fun,
It's much more fun to fool 'em;
Sometimes the truth I hit and run,
I daze confuse and rule 'em.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

....tried....

Yes. For her it's quite the ordeal.

Bleach Drinkers Curing Coronavirus Together said...

Who is truth? Who is facts?

bagoh20 said...

"Who is truth? Who is facts?"

We are now supposed to vote for personalities rather than principles, so those are the real questions to ask, I guess.