Thursday, November 14, 2019

Mushrooms

The impeachment inquiry of Trump is full on and I don't give it one second of my time. And Jeffrey Epstein didn't just kill himself, you know. So as my government wastes its time with Master Bates so unseemly, my attention is focused elsewhere on valid things more interesting to me. Such as mushrooms.

I'm back in February 2012. I had just bought a new Nikon macro lens that Nikon calls micro which makes more sense actually but they do that just to differentiate themselves from the crowd. And the lens is so sweet. Except it needs more light than usual to get through the stack of lenses. I get lost in details so much overlooked. To me the details are art. I envision the tiny things blown up large as a wall and considered legitimate art so long as it's not taken too seriously. And so long as they're switched out. The forms of mushrooms suggest sex. And it's not just me thinking this. After putting up the photos on another site separate from the food-related site, somebody else said the same thing in comments. So that makes at least two of us.

They're just grocery store shiitakes. That's all. Except for a few peas and green onion bits.















9 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I had some shitakes and lion's mane the other day. I have been having chatrelles a lot.

The shitakes were especially good. Lion's mane and chantrelles are awesome, but the shitakes have a real strong unami flavor.

Rabel said...

Damnit.

Is anybody that you pay do do something worth a flying fuck anymore.

A few months ago I got a new central air unit installed by a large company. Five thousand, three hundred hard earned dollars.

It came with a new thermostat. The thermostat, as did the old one, controls air and heat.

It's cold now so I decided to program the thermostat to raise the temp an hour before my usual wake-up time and lower it around bedtime. I didn't try to program it during the summer because that just doesn't work well down here.

I can't get it into program mode. I checked and it is a programmable thermostat (as was my old one). Honeywell T4 Pro Series.

I go to the instruction manual, I go to the internet, and they say the same thing. The fourth press on the menu button should display "prog" and you can then program the auto times and temps.

It don't happen.

More research tells me that if you can't get into program mode it's because the installer has set it up in a way that will not allow it. Five thousand, three hundred mother fucking Rabel dollars and they downgraded my thermostat and therefore my system.

Tomorrow after a doctor's appointment, I will call Comfortech.

I will get total and complete satisfaction or I will go off on a motherfucker.

Enough of this shit. I aim to misbehave.

If you don't hear from me in the next few days it's because I am in the hoosegow.

Insert additional profanities of your choice here: _________________________________________________

chickelit said...

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...I had some shitakes and lion's mane the other day. I have been having chatrelles a lot.

I hate shiitakes. Hard stool is a sign of dehydration. Not good. Hydrate and act accordingly.

rhhardin said...

Female genitals are architecturally chaotic, as Paglia says. So anything chaotic and moist has the same look.

ndspinelli said...

Rabel, Great rant.

Rabel said...

They're coming over this PM to fix the thermostat. No charge. I didn't even have to get rowdy.

Cool.

Rabel said...

Went to GI doc today and the consult was very disappointing. He seems to think I am an idiot and a hypochondriac. He didn't listen well and got a little snitty when I (politely) disagreed. Seemed to have self-confidence issues and told me several times that he was an expert in this field. Former Navy guy.

He did schedule me for a full GI tract thing with the drinks and fasting and such plus a bonus colonoscopy.

However, it has just dawned on me that I have pissed off a guy who's gonna be shoving a tube up my ass while I'm asleep the day before Thanksgiving.

I have concerns.

Rabel said...

Comfortech showed up and fixed the problem. Install guy had not set the thermostat up correctly.

It required holding some buttons down while pressing others and entering some code. Over a consumers head. Now I can put it into program mode and set it up the way I want.

Good work, Comfortech Man of Genius.

The Dude said...

Glad your Comfortech has actually provided some comfort. What's for Thanksgiving? Massive doses of magnesium! Yay!