Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Jelly Belly

Got these for Halloween and I am loving these things.

I love them so much I'm going to rot my teeth out.

On Amazon you can get 4 lbs for the price of 2 lbs by going through Kirkland who supplies for Costco. Mine do not have the Jelly Belly label on each jelly bean.

The flavors are outrageous

And four at a time are quadrupley outrageous.  It's a totally different flavor-explosion in your mouth each time.

I think this is type of Jelly Bean stocked in the bins at Sprouts, but I'm not sure. Those are $9.00 LB also.



Alphabetical order.

What we need is ordered by color so we can identify them more quickly. The red ones can be almost anything.





You can get a jelly bean dispenser that looks like a gum ball machine, if you like. But those are rated all over the place. People complain about the glass being too thin and the coin mechanism getting stuck.

Or you can up your jelly bean game by purchasing an authentic one.

Or you can buy an ordinary kitchen cereal dispenser. Those are more clinical. 

4 comments:

MamaM said...

Didja know they were President Ronald Reagan's favorites? The JB factory has a shrine to him made out of Jelly Bellies.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/jelly-belly-ronald-reagan

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

somewhere I have a box of harry potter jelly belly.

flavors include:
booger
grass
vomit

edutcher said...

At least it ain't Ben & Jerry's.

Fr Martin Fox said...

Several comments:

1) What is "berry blue"?

2) Do you pronounce it "CAR-a-mel," "CAR-mul" or "CARE-a-mel"?

3) I wondered if these were all the flavors. They are not! There are lots more options, including Krispy Kreme-inspired flavors, Harry Potter-inspired flavors, etc. Here are some that caught my eye:

- Champagne
- Rose
- Grape Soda
- Cranberry
- Mojito


Still, I can think of many more possibilities:

- Macaroon
- Tomato
- Bacon!
- Egg Nog
- Rum & Coke (or, just Coca-Cola)
- Martini (Gin or Vodka)
- Maple Syrup
- Steak

It occurs to me that non-sweet flavors might be a problem, however...

4. The path to choosing to market a product that deliberately tastes bad (i.e., "barf" and "dog food" must have been amazing. Why would any food product want to market a product intended to taste awful, even for fun?

4. I am happy to note: no "pumpkin spice"!