Friday, November 22, 2019

Maria Bartiromo interviews Carter Page

Page discusses new reports of FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith altering 2016 documents about Russia probe in order to gain FISA surveillance warrant on him and the Trump campaign.

Frustratingly Page is never quite so incisive as I hope. He tends to speak in general terms. He's always less offended about what was done to him than he is about what was done to Trump and to our country. Bartiromo speaks more sharply than Page does.




Every time I see Carter Page he appears to be happy. Unflappable no matter the assault on him. This was the first time I heard him speak about threats on his life. I was curious to listen just to hear what he sounds like. So far I've only heard small bits and pieces. 

His always pleasant smile doesn't seem to match with his baldness. Although all the bald men I know are each pleasant and good natured and notably settled with themselves, Page is seen always smiling pleasantly even when discussing harmful things done to him. His moments of consternation are quickly checked with a genuine smile. And that makes me wonder what he might look like with hair. 

Baldness in young men has a masculine-izing effect. Dealing with that and still being pleasant and cheerful is studly. I noticed that men who went bald early and dealt with that psychologically, completing it by shaving, were all rather high testosterone types. I said that one time to a personal trainer I hired as I was recovering from a serious physical setback. I don't know how we happened on the subject of hair. He brought it up. This guy is build like a brick ... uh ... some small structure that's usually shabby like a tool shed or a garden shed. Rock solid. Muscles bulging all over the place. He seemed pleased to hear it. I think he noticed the same thing. 

Conversely, even older men who go against nature and try to compensate for dwindling hair seem goofy and therefore less psychologically settled, less masculine, no matter their station in life. They can actually be more together, more settled, more successful and demonstrate greater comprehension of issues but they still look goofy next to fully bald younger man even as the younger man is goofing around being silly. 

And old men with thick full hair that is kept styled and long (John Kerry, Jay Leno) look like old women.

I'm curious what Carter Page would look like with hair. So I'll bring out my high tech FBI forensic equipment. 

2 comments:

ricpic said...

What are you talking about? Carter is on fire! And rightly so.

Chip Ahoy said...

He seems extremely calm especially with all he has to complain about.