Saturday, November 2, 2019

CQD Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Lost & Found

Almost a week ago Sunday, I travelled through the Minneapolis St. Paul airport on my way to a wedding. When I got back to California, I realized that my iPad was missing. I'm not sure how that happened, but it did. I promptly filed a missing item report with the airport, and have updated it with the model and serial number. I also alerted Apple that it was lost and turned on the GPS tracking. Nothing happened for a couple days. On Wednesday, I got an alert from Apple that my iPad had been found -- the location showing terminal 1 near concourse F (see the screen shot below).


That screen shot says "6 hours ago," but that was last Wednesday. Later that day, the trail went cold and the device tracker says that the device was "off."  I updated my online claim at the airport with this new info. It is still off. I'm thinking that someone found it and deliberately disabled it. I'm going to check with Apple to see that means exactly. Remember that the GPS tracking only came on briefly.

Anyways, I cannot get through to a human being at the MSP airport. I do not believe that a human being has even read my claim. MSP says that after 30 days, my claim will be closed. This feels like a racket.

If anyone out there reading this knows anyone at the MSP airport who can help connect the dots and get me my iPad back, I would appreciate it and try to make it worth your while.

10 comments:

Rabel said...

Have you tried the airport's live chat feature on their webpage?

ndspinelli said...

I'm 15 minutes from the airport. Let me know if you want me to rattle some cages.

The Dude said...

For whatever reason I imagine you finally reaching a human and the voice on the other end of the line sounding exactly like Marge Gunderson - "So, ya lost your little machine there, eh? I'll be lookin' for it, you betcha, yah. Was that a pretty darned good little machine ya had there? Oh, it was? Oh yah, uh huh. I'll bet it was. Oh jeez, I gotta go now we have a cold front movin' in, but I'll be sure to get back to ya when I find it, you betcha."

Are there any Marge Gundersons left in that region?

AllenS said...

At the M-SP airport, the only accents that you would probably hear are from Ethiopia and Somalia.

The Dude said...

That was what I thought, AllenS and we only miss our Gundersons when they are gone.

ndspinelli said...

There are still many folks who talk like "Margy" as Norm called her.

ndspinelli said...

And they still get bait for their husbands as well.

windbag said...

FWIW, the television series (very loosely) based on the movie is excellent.

ndspinelli said...

windbag, Yes it is.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Sent out a tweet linking to this page. Good luck.