Thursday, April 12, 2018

Wedding band

I was watching New Scandinavian Cooking hosted by Andreas Viestad and who speaks English very well like
this
when the camera focused
on
his hands
as he was preparing, uh,
salmon filet
and, uh,
pointing out that wild salmon has a lot less fat compared to
farmed
salmon
that can have up to 20% body fat and I noticed a gold band on his right hand. And I thought, well, that's the wrong hand innit. What? Do Scandinavians wear their wedding band on their right hand?
So I looked it up. Sure enough, they do. Some other cultures wear their wedding band on the right hand too.

I did not know that.

But I had to read through another page about nonsense reasons why some Americans choose to do that, as forms of protest, or to distinguish themselves from tradition, because they're gay, or they have an open marriage, or just to be different or provocative, or possibly pretend Scandinavian.

I looked up Norwegian, not Scandinavian.

No comments: