Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Fire Stick is the Bomb!

So we got a new Firestick from Amazon and it is amazing. It is a cheat device that lets you get all of the latest movies and tv shows for free. That's right. Bootleg copies of the latest films are available at no charge to you. HBO, Showtime any of the premium channels and all of their programing. All you need is a code that everyone seems to have. You program it and you can see first run movies.

Last weekend we went out to see the Freddy Mercury movie. It was pretty good. Of course the tickets were $15 a piece when now I can see it for free. In any event I recommend the movie if you are a music fan. It is pretty good.


Get the Firestick if you can. You can cut the cord with cable and get everything you want to see without paying for cable. I don't know why Amazon sells it. It cuts their own throat since you won't pay to buy videos from them. I think they want to get everyone addicted to it and then they will do something so you have to pay them. Still for now it is a real bargain.

9 comments:

The Dude said...

I saw that advertised but had no idea what the deal was. Free is the right price for me. Too bad I can't stand modern movies.

windbag said...

I don't like many movies these days, but I did enjoy the new Coen Bros. movie "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs."

The Dude said...

I watched that one a couple of times recently, windbag, and I considered writing a post about it. Some of the segments are very good. Some are very dark, as is the way of the Coen brothers, but I especially liked All Gold Canyon, as that guy is clearly me.

The scenery is spectacular, the filming and story telling are impeccable, and other than the portions that I will never watch again, I really liked it.

ricpic said...

I saw Can You Ever Forgive Me? with Melissa McCarthy recently. Bravura performance by McCarthy. Story about a drab, struggling writer who created forged letters by literary celebrities for the literary market as a life raft to save herself. Not a great film by a long shot but at least not glamorous.

windbag said...

The prospector in that segment is Tom Waits, Sixty. I never cared for his music, but a lot of people did. If you watch the first segment from the perspective that you're watching a Bugs Bunny cartoon, it makes it even funnier. The Coen Bros. are a dark pair, that's for sure. Their stuff is hit or miss with me, but worth checking out.

The Dude said...

I have never been able to endure his "singing", but other than his head of hair I swear he was my twin in that segment. I saw that story as an allegory on man's entering the wilderness. Stuff happens, but life goes on.

I have tried to watch every movie they have made but some are far more interesting to me than others - movie about the Mississippi delta? I am all over it. One about the suburbs in Minnesota - it's difficult for me to relate. And on December 1st I will be able to reaffirm that the Dude abides on Netflix. Works for me.

windbag said...

I hated "Fargo" with a passion. Because of that, I resisted watching the Netflix series, but holy cow those were fantastic. As stupid as it was, "Raising Arizona" is still one of their best, in my opinion. I thought they did a great job with "True Grit." I'm certain opinions vary on that. What would it look like if they remade "The Wizard of Oz?"

The Dude said...

As I have written here before I liked No Country For Old Men, but that is a tough one in many respects. I guess it is Tommy Lee Jones' character's last speeches that made the whole movie for me. Plus I learned the word "caliche". There you go.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I liked 'Old Country for Old Men,' but it is not a movie I have any desire to watch again. Some movies are like that.

Others you can watch again and again, at any point, and they are still excellent.