Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Sweet potatoes with fruit

I forgot that I invented this and how much I enjoyed it. I made it for Thanksgiving one year but then didn't get enough of it myself so I made it again a week later.

Here's what you do.

Bake your sweet potatoes to 3/4 done. Thereabout. Use your judgement.

Pull off their baked skin and cut the partially cooked sweet potatoes into large cubes. Place the cubes in a baking dish.

Add

* orange pieces
* lemon segments
* fresh pineapple chunks
* apple slices.

Then

* dried cranberries, craisins
* raisins gold
* raisins jumbo

And

* butter, gotta have BUTTER!
* cinnamon all over the place
* scant clove to add a base note, but just barely
* freshly scrapped nutmeg
* orange juice. I usually buy orange/pineapple juice
* brown sugar
* salt

Bake until the sweet potatoes are done.

And you'll be all, "OMG, WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS EARLIER?"









4 comments:

ndspinelli said...

Looks delicious. When I was young I didn't like sweet taters. But, our taste buds change, and now I do.

All you geezers out there. They have a more potent flu shot for us. If they dodn't offer, ask for it.

ricpic said...

Needs almonds. At least the cuisine I was raised on, raisins were always paired with almonds.

I've heard so much scare talk about flu shots that I said no this year. Could be a mistake. We'll see.

Chip Ahoy said...

Ew, good idea.

I'd do pecans.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Posted to my twitter feed.