Thursday, November 29, 2018

Juicing vs Blending

I want fruit and berries mixed with leafy greens. The juicer I have picked out is a top of the various lines and best for leafy greens and not all that great for soft fruit. The compromise is juice the leaves and vegetables and blend the fruit then mix them but then I'd be making a mess of two kitchen implements and that violates my urgency for the least cleaning up. People like pulp and they like fiber. Do I really want juice and not a smoothie? These two videos show why juicing is better. With a few unanticipated surprises.  



If you're like me with tendency to imitate cartoonish accents with exaggerated emphasis at each point of language abuse then you cede a good half of the information to satire. And that's a real loss because the information is solid.

I can't help it.

John Kohler says the same thing in fully enunciated undeformed English. But it takes him three times as long. He says much more than we ask for and all of it is helpful. Elements of his usual spiel, his salesmanship for a juicing lifestyle that answers related questions that he gets all the time from people across the globe new to this odd practice of juicing. Kohler has some four hundred videos on YouTube. This is his life. Best of all, his personality is attractive. He is a pleasant salesman. I found this video particularly funny. And it's very good training for how to be a good salesman. He owns every kind of juicer there is plus he has a good collection of shirts. 

1 comment:

MamaM said...

I bought the big ten dollar jar of DelMonte Sunfresh Red Grapefruit sections this week from the cooler at the grocery store; and ate them while going through and recovering from a head cold. They were delicious. Just what the proverbial doctor ordered.