Friday, November 30, 2018

Activist women claim Trump's election is destroying their marriages

"How so?" You might ask. Why aren't their marriages up 150 points? Hillarys all over the place unable to accept the problem in their marriage is them. Their husbands fail to hate Trump sufficiently so the marriage must go. We know that without even reading but just for fun let's see what they say.

NY Magazine. The article is by a woman for women readers about women's thoughts, so, it's unnecessarily detailed and long.

Kimberlee Kaye at Legal Insurrection lifts out the essence.

Kristen in Missouri:
I told him I really wanted to work on making the world a better place, and I didn’t feel I could do that within the confines of our marriage. 
…I’d found a passion and wanted to spend all of my free time doing it. And that’s exactly what has happened. 
It’s kind of sad, that in this horrible time I found myself, but I’m also grateful, both for what I had with Geoffrey and for where it allowed me to end up. Finally, I’m the feminist I should have always been.
Sarah somewhere in the Southwest
It breaks my heart whenever he says he’s lonely. But again, I’m like, You don’t have to be lonely if you want to put up street signs with me. 
…Part of it is that he has the perspective that this too shall pass. In my opinion, that comes from the privilege he has as a white male Protestant. 
…I’d describe my husband as a feminist, but he doesn’t want to be the only dude in the room. Which bleeds into why I’ve never thought, Maybe I should just stop all this and save my marriage. That would teach our kids something I don’t want to teach them. It almost feels like the 2018 version of the woman who gives up her career to stay home.
Samantha, NYC
We’ve been married 25 years, and we’re both lefties, and he thinks Trump is as much of a blight on the world as I do. But throughout the hiring of the Steve Mnuchins of world, the white privileged men, and with every single Cabinet member and Jared Kushner and Ivanka, he had much less rage than I did. Eventually he was like, “We can’t go to bed talking about them and wake up in the morning with you still spewing about them.” 
With Brett Kavanaugh, the first thing he said about him, before any of the allegations, was that they were once on a panel at some alumni thing and that he seemed like a nice guy, which of course started a fight. I said, “A nice guy based on what?” Everyone is a nice guy. And then at first, when Dr. Ford came forward, his reaction had an element of “Boys will be boys” and, you know, “It was 30-something years ago.” Even after Debbie Ramirez came forward, he was like, “Do you still think he could change after college?” I was like, “No.” At each stage, he’s had to reassess his feelings. And at each stage we have yet another argument.

12 comments:

edutcher said...

Their problem isn't Trump, it's menopause.

Amartel said...

The guys are better off without these harridans.

Amartel said...

A lot of guys just go along with what their women tell them is politically correct because it’s easier than fighting and not getting any.

ricpic said...

Women are masters at creating unhappiness.

MamaM said...

I say they prefer to engage in and hold onto idealism rather than live in reality.

As for women being masters at creating unhappiness, I'd like to know what they're using to form, make or produce such an outcome and what gain do they realize by doing so?

While I'd be willing to agree with edutcher that hormones may play a role in some of the hyperfocus and emotional intensity displayed, not all women who focus on loathing Trump are menopausal.

edutcher said...

Never said they were, just that this crowd displays a lot of symptoms.

MamaM said...

It sounded to me as though you declared The Problem to be menopause!

What symptoms of menopause do you see them displaying, edutcher?

Amartel said...

As far as creating unhappiness goes, there are people (men and women) who just cannot be happy/at peace with reality AND have to bring everyone else around them down, too.
It's not a man/woman thing. It's a personality flaw.

Amartel said...

Lefties yammer on about those handmaids and their tale. It's a tale from the old days when a lot of women just went along with what their men told them was politically correct because it was easier than fighting about it and not getting any (money).

The Stepford Spouse roles have reversed.

chickelit said...

My wife doesn't vote (not a citizen). However, for the first time ever, she implored me not to vote for Trump in 2016. She told me that she was personally offended by him. I replied that Hillary Clinton personally offended me.

In my opinion, there is too much talk about why Trump offends women and not enough about why Hillary offends men. It's a huge chasm which is only partially explored. And Hillary will be the Dem's candidate in 2020 unless she is painfully displaced.

chickelit said...

edutcher said...Their problem isn't Trump, it's menopause.

I work with quite a few younger women. They all despise Trump. Ditto for younger men despising Hillary. It can't all be hormones.

ricpic said...

MamaM - If you read the comments of those women, what will jump out at you, well, it jumped out at me, is that they don't recognize that their husbands are separate autonomous individuals! That may seem extreme but what are we to make of the fact that "I'm divorcing him because he wouldn't toe my line?" That's what I meant by creating unhappiness. To marry and then expect your spouse to be a mini you is....well, it's incredibly imperceptive to say the least.